Leupold Customer Service

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by Thauglor, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Thauglor

Thauglor Gold $$ Contributor

Had a target Leupold scope made in 1979 go out of focus and turning the adjustable objective could not make it work. Sent it in a few weeks ago, they can't repair it so are sending me a brand new scope. Very few industries do such a thing for a 40 year old product. Very satisfied with my many Leupolds.

Lone Hunter, Zero333, Barlow and 11 others like this.
  2. andym686

andym686 Silver $$ Contributor

I had a similar experience lately. I sent back a 30 +/- year old 24x scope. They called me to say it couldn't be repaired. The scope they replaced it with was a nice upgrade. They even offered to let me pick a different model if I wanted, but I like the one he recommended.
    I was impressed with the customer service.

3. garandman

garandman Bolt Gun Bodacious Gold $$ Contributor

Leup might not be the fave of all the cool kids, but the 10 or so Ive owned have all just worked.

Fort_Bragger, Rogmay and DirtySteve like this.
  4. lb-ft

lb-ft

No such thing as a perfect scope. Leupold, NF, Burris, all the Euro imports; they all have mechanical bits that can fail.

With Leupold, we’re fortunate to have a company right here in our homeland with such a stellar, well deserved reputation.

5. fyrewall

fyrewall

The nice people at Leupold treat me real good - I just got a real good deal on a 17 YO, like new, Leupold 6.5-20X40 VXIII EFR and know if it has problems I can rely on Leupold to fix it.

Zero333, daleboy and Auburner like this.
  6. dmoran

dmoran Donovan Moran Silver $$ Contributor

It don't get no better then that......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loggins J likes this.
  7. Loggins J

Loggins J

Yes I agree with donovan

dmoran likes this.
  8. F Class John

F Class John NRA Life Member Gold $$ Contributor

I agree. I had a pair of old wind river binos from the 1990s. The eyecups got all cracked out but otherwise they worked good. Took them in expecting new eye cups and a week later I had a brand new pair of $500 binos on my door. I was dumbfounded and amazed.

Zero333 and Nature Boy like this.
  9. DirtySteve

DirtySteve Gold $$ Contributor

I have 7 Loopys as a result of their customer service. Plus a range finder..

Zero333 likes this.
  10. bluestreakrem

bluestreakrem

I'm having a similar issue with an 25 year old Vari-X III, 3.5-10x50mm that I can't get in good crisp focus anymore. Always was a very bright and clear scope. Over the years I have unscrewed the ocular to a point it is now at the limit of it's travel. I'm thinking it might be a function of my old eyes more than it is the scope going bad but I can get every other scope I own in focus. It has never been dropped or hit that I can recall. My friends (non-gun friends) that look through it say it looks fine to them but I'm not sure they can define crisp focus to the degree I expect from an optic. Leupold said to send it back to them and they will do what they can to make it work.
    Hope they can fix it. I'll post what they say when it gets back.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  11. Eternal Student

Eternal Student Silver $$ Contributor

My father had two scopes that were over 30 years old and that he sent in and they fixed/changed reticle no questions asked. Great CS.

12. sundance

sundance Silver $$ Contributor

Leupold has replaced 3 or 4 of their scopes for me with new ones over the years. I guess they last so long they run out of replacement parts? Can't beat their warranty.

13. Barlow

Barlow Silver $$ Contributor

Same as me. Four 2.5x8's, one 6.5x20, one 2x7, and one 4x. Barlow

14. rjtfroggy

rjtfroggy Silver $$ Contributor

I have dealt with them twice.
    First time I had a brand new 45x that would not hold POA got it back after 9-10 weeks and was told it was "operator error" but now it doesn't drift anymore. ???
    Second time was just over two months ago, called to buy two turret caps for a 40x and was told no problem they will be mailed out today- still waiting.

15. Thauglor

Thauglor Gold $$ Contributor

Give them another call? In big companies things do fall through the cracks. Did you pay for the caps or are they just sending them to you?

16. JohnD

JohnD Silver $$ Contributor

I have a 8.5 X 25 target model that did perfect on the box test when fairly new(1-3 years old). After a few more years it failed the same test pretty bad. Contacted Leupold and sent it in. After a few weeks got it back after they did some warranty work and some custom work. Never knew what all they did but scope works as it should. I have many Leupolds and will continue to support them. Great company.

John

17. trader steve

trader steve

Just had two friction scopes rebuilt was gone 3weeks called when they got there and when shipped out.ill give a A plus rating.steve

18. Bill Norris

Bill Norris Silver $$ Contributor

Totally agree. I own 11 Leupolds because of their service and warranty. Very content with all of them.