Let's get ready to rumble GBA

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by Stan Taylor, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Stan Taylor

Stan Taylor Gold $$ Contributor

20181016_174928-1.jpg I just received a couple different oppositions that were corrected in the global benchrest rules if your a member of globalbenchrest you can attend the GBA nationals no matter how many matches you have shot and if you are a member of benchrest faterinity you can shoot the national an win like anyone else, example Williamsport or IBS or NBRSA or UBR etcetera so gentleman lets support this organization an get ready to (Rumble) start tuning your stuff.PS when the meeting minutes are presented I will give update.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  2. Stan Taylor

Why sure hell I am still a rookie every time I shoot someone teaches me something.

expiper and SPJ like this.
  3. boltfluter

boltfluter Gold $$ Contributor

Sweet looking set-up you have there Stan!! :D:D

Paul

Rushty likes this.
  4. Rushty

Rushty Silver $$ Contributor

I drool every time I see that picture of his personal range, and the rifle with the Wheeler stock...which I now have on order:):):):)

5. dkhunt14

dkhunt14

That's a good deal Stan. You and your guys are always welcome at Wiliamsport. Good luck this year. Matt

mikegaiz, hogpatrol, dogdude and 3 others like this.
  6. Stan Taylor

Here you go Rushty from the other side of the bench I am ambidextrous I shoot both left an right.LOL 20181215_131011-2.jpg

Attached Files:

7. ShakeRattle&Roll

ShakeRattle&Roll

Glad they decided to change it and it will probably help attendance at those matches. My only concern is we really know down deep how they fell about outsiders and that is the first impression they made . Of course I've seen things come out different before .

8. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

We had better support each other regardless of the sanctioning body. None are perfect. Its supposed to be about shooting small groups.

9. Stan Taylor

I agree 100 percent none of us are perfect we all make bad decisions our relationship to our shooters are the most important well said Alex thanks.

JBT, hogpatrol, retiredpm and 2 others like this.
  10. Joe Salt

Joe Salt Silver $$ Contributor

Hey guys let me know what ever happen to the agreement I had with IBS to honor each others membership? We made it in 2006 or 07 so clubs would get more shooters at the World Open and the Nationals.

Joe Salt

Lostcreek and Stan Taylor like this.
  11. Rushty

Yep livin the dream Stan...nice thick tree line to buffer the wind for you to,there’s not much more to ask for!

Stan Taylor likes this.
  12. Stan Taylor

I hate bust your bubble but the wind in the holler is terrible at time's.

13. Rushty

Nothings ever perfect, but that’ll do just fine..

Stan Taylor likes this.
  14. Stan Taylor

Rushty you can shoot in my backyard anytime we also have globalbenchrest organization in your country look them up.

15. Rushty

Thankyou that’s very generous, if I ever get to the US I’ll look you up..Also going to Bird Dogs Dome and Mike Croft’s Fly shoot..

I’ll look up Global..cheers

16. Stan Taylor

Gentleman please be patient the minute I have received the minutes from the global board members as far as the structure change I will be able to give a little more information than I have given so far if you would like to join this organization just go to globalbenchrest.com print off a membership form an join looking forward to seeing an shooting with the new guys an gals this year.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    Pahunter1975 and SPJ like this.
  17. Stan Taylor

We'll guys I have an update; if you attend a regular club match in GBA you will shoot,a single Relay an Shoot-off in which is what folks in GRRC. (Minnesota shoots the traditional format that has always been precedence).Aggregate standings will only be implemented in state and regional and nationals.Plus if you are a non-member at a match you will be offered to give a 10 dollar fee (Above the match fees) an shoot for the day an have opportunity to win Relay an Shoot-off. if you return at a second time, if you choose to shoot an win,you just have to pay the remainder of membership to be good for the year.All I have for now.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    Pahunter1975 and dmoran like this.
  18. Stan Taylor

We'll as soon as I get an update for our 1000yd and 600 nationals I will post pretty soon.

19. Stan Taylor

The GBA 1000 yd nationals will be at Harry Jones the 17th and 18th of August 2019 everyone is welcome.

retiredpm likes this.
  20. Dave Way

Dave Way Gold $$ Contributor

6884CC72-24C7-4167-B1C1-53485D6B371A.jpeg

And if I’m lucky enough to get to shoot an NBRSA match I’ll gladly join there as well. Just thankful to have places to do what everyone on this site likes to do. We are all very fortunate. The time to pull together is now.

Dave.

Dub, Rushty, gambleone and 8 others like this.