Lenzi LR Reloading Press

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Willow, May 12, 2017.

1. damoncali

damoncali Gold $$ Contributor

There looks to be at roughly 3 square inches (maybe bit more - I'm just eyeballing it) of cross sectional area on that press. Even at 1,000 pounds of force, that's 333 psi of stress. Well below anything that would fatigue it. The strain at that level of force is 0.00003 in/in, but there would be a little bending at the top. I would be surprised if it were more than 0.001" of total deflection at the die relative to the base under normal use, but I'm too lazy to figure that out.

It think it's safe to say it's not going to fall apart.

2. IdahoSharpshooter

IdahoSharpshooter Gold $$ Contributor

semantics again...

Fifty years ago my Father acquired a section of rail from a friend who worked for the railroad. He parted several pieces about a foot long, and laboriously shaped them into small anvils in his shop. He sold a couple, and someone he knew came by and wanted to buy one. My Father sold him one, and made the common sense statement that he didn't think the guy could break it. The guy took that as a challenge, much like ireload2 here has done with common sense assessments. The guy took a 16 lb sledge and pounded on it until he broke the horn off. He brings it back to our farm and says "nanna-nanna-nanna, I did break it!".

I remember standing there and listening to my Father tell him, basically, congratulations, you broke an anvil to make a point. The end result is that you destroyed it, you gave me a day's wages for a working man for it, you no longer have one in operating condition, and I am not going to sell you another one.

The point others and I made here is that the press, under common sense operation, is unlikely to fail.

Thank you damoncali for the numbers.

Matt in Virginia, spife7980 and Ggmac like this.
  3. Carden260

Carden260

I have one and I would have two if I had the room on my bench. the craftsmanship is amazing and functionality is perfect.

4. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew

I have other lenzi products and if he makes it- its top of the line. Dont be dogging it til you try one. Its a specialized piece not made for a cheater pipe on the handle sizing creedmoor cases from a sloppy chamber.

Chris Covell and Carden260 like this.
  5. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

Design plays a big role. Out of the 3 presses I had, the Hood compact press gave more consistent bump numbers than my coax or rcbs. It was aluminum and the other 2 cast iron. The hood is basically an o type press with a closed back and is a better design.

butchlambert and Dusty Stevens like this.
  6. birdog

birdog DASHER DOME Gold $$ Contributor

7. Ccrider

Ccrider Silver $$ Contributor

8. PatMiles

PatMiles Gold $$ Contributor

Geez, do you guys ever get tired of beating up on us Creedmoor owners!

9. JimSC

JimSC

10. Kurz

Kurz

The Lenzi 'large' press for $1600.00 AUS ($1142.76 USD)

[​IMG]

The small of BR size is only $1000.00 AUS ;) ($714.04 USD)

Neither includes shipping and you have to call Australia to get a price for shipping and then send an 'Export' document.

11. steve123

steve123

LOVE my Prazipress, just sayin.

12. ReedG

ReedG

The design is along the lines of these old C-H presses from the '60s.

Attached Files:

13. butchlambert

butchlambert Site $$ Sponsor

Why would I pay that kind of money if I have a Charlie Hood and an RCBS, as well as Mike Walker's 2 presses?

14. Chris Covell

Chris Covell Silver $$ Contributor

The JJ press is incredible. I wish I had never sold the one I had. Now I am on the hunt to replace it.

15. sdean

sdean Gold $$ Contributor

If you don't have a custom die spend your money on that first.

16. R.Morehouse

R.Morehouse Gold $$ Contributor

I use a pair of those Hollywood Seniors on the left that size within 1k of each other using the same shell holder. I am very fortunate to have been able to acquire them a few years back from a retiring BR shooter. I am not familiar with the press to the right of the Hollywood....Please tell me about it either here or in a PM....Thank's

Regards
    Rick