Lapua Club - You guys ever won something?

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Mike McCasland, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Mike McCasland

Mike McCasland Gold $$ Contributor

I say this jokingly, and will continue buying their products, but I've become convinced nobody ever wins a thing from the Lapua club 'code' registrations; at least for their more common brass (.223/308 Palma etc.).

I didn't use to bother registering, but I've submitted ~20 'codes' in the past ~year and haven't won a damn thing. I've also never met anybody who has.

So...any of you guys ever hit the jackpot? What do they give out? Free brass for life? Branded pens?

2. D-4297

D-4297 Silver $$ Contributor

I'm on enough "lists" already . Most of which I'd rather not be on .

3. X-47B

X-47B X-III:XVI Gold $$ Contributor

Got a dated looking lapua hat one time

4. JimPag

JimPag Silver $$ Contributor

Ya me too and it's only because I asked Kevin Thomas for one.

X-47B likes this.
  5. pirate ammo

pirate ammo Guaranteed to take the wind out of their sails Gold $$ Contributor

Must be like me,,the IT list,,it needs to get done.it goes there,it,it,it,never done.

D-4297 and Rsadams like this.
  6. BP1

BP1 Team Texas F-TR Gold $$ Contributor

Yeah I win every time..a chance to buy more and I do because I think it’s the best brass out there for my application..:D

7. Snuggie

Snuggie F/TR-F/Open Gold $$ Contributor

I won a hat long ago. I’ve put codes in that tell me it’s not valid! Go figure....
    Only brass I use.

Mikemontminy likes this.
  8. Outdoorsman0

Outdoorsman0

Over 50 entries so far and nothing.

9. flintcreek6412

flintcreek6412 Bob Petillo

got a keychain earlier this year....LOL

10. K22

K22

I won the draft lottery - my reward - two years in the US Army.:(

11. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

I dont think i ever had a code that worked. I quit wasting my time years ago. I get swag at matches anyway

Snuggie and joshb like this.
  12. 338 dude

338 dude Silver $$ Contributor

No!

13. RDA72927

RDA72927

It's a great question. On my 2nd entry I won a hat. It came in and my youngest step-boy wanted it, I thought sure I'm sure I will get something again. Four years later and I still have won anything else. Well, the boy grins every time he wear's the hat..

Robert

14. MGYSGT

MGYSGT Silver $$ Contributor

Not as lucky as the two guys in my platoon in USMC boot camp, who were pulled out of the Army draftee line and sent to San Diego for 12 weeks. Lucky dogs that they were.

Snuggie, KMart and Comrade Terry like this.
  15. Chasin Beaver

Chasin Beaver

Ha. I submitted numerous codes over years. Never won anything “instantly“ from a entered code, just the items that you receive after so many entries (hat, keychain, mousepad, usb drive.....). (Not sure if they even do it that way anymore, been awhile since I entered a code)

On the other hand I won a scope stand from Creedmoor during their anniversary giveaway, so I probably won’t win anything for another twenty years now.

16. ronsatspokane

ronsatspokane

Nothing. Nada. But then I've only done 2. You can tell that it's a marketing scam. A one in a million chance to win 25 cents worth of marketing swag. Not worth my time. I'll continue to buy the product though as long as the quality is there. And the quality is there. When it comes to brass they are the best in the business. Wish they would expand the range of calibers they supply brass for though.

17. Rushty

Rushty Silver $$ Contributor

I won a key ring 6months ago..

SPJ likes this.
  18. beemanjohn

beemanjohn Silver $$ Contributor

I am switching to Peterson brass. My prize is knowing I am getting first class brass made in the USA. Somewhere out there is an American worker who is able to care for his (or her) family because of Peterson. As long as they keep the quality up I will keep buying it. Lapua is not the only game in town anymore.

Rushty, Spook and anschuter2013 like this.
  19. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full. Gold $$ Contributor

Got the incorrect code on the first one. Never bothered with them again. If ADG made brass for all my cartridges, I'd dump Lapua in a heartbeat.

20. Medic505

Medic505 Gold $$ Contributor

Since I've started shooting Starline Match .308 I haven't waisted any time entering codes and not winning a dang thing. Rifle shoots the same and brass lasts just as long, so I guess I did win something. More money stays in my pocket.

topclass2017 and hogpatrol like this.