Lapua 6mm Dasher, factory brass ???

Discussion in '6BR, 6BR Improved & Wildcats' started by Area51, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Area51

Area51 Silver $$ Contributor

Lapua 6mm Dasher, factory brass ???
    Yes, no?
    When?
    Game changer?
    Everything else is obsolete and out dated?

2. T 700

T 700 Silver $$ Contributor

That would be great if they did!!!

3. JBT

JBT Gold $$ Contributor

I wish

wzee likes this.
  4. IdahoSharpshooter

IdahoSharpshooter Gold $$ Contributor

not my favorite fantasy, but in the top three...:rolleyes:

Phil and ledward like this.
  5. Grimstod

Grimstod

With a longer neck. And not the winpy .030 that Norma put on theirs. I am thinking like make that neck .100 longer.

6. sdean

sdean

It will never happen. Get over it..

P1ZombieKiller likes this.
  7. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

I just dont get why theres no 284 cases, they make 7-08 for crying out loud. Why do we want dasher cases? We'd just have to push the shoulders back .080 so they'd fit the bra chamber, lol. ;)

painter, BarryB, Raythemanroe and 9 others like this.
  8. P1ZombieKiller

P1ZombieKiller Gold $$ Contributor

If Lapua wont make 6ppc cases, they aint gonna make dasher cases.
    Why would they make a machine change when they can pump out twice as many "parent" cases, at cheaper price, and we all will use them anyway?

DMC likes this.
  9. ridgeway

ridgeway Silver $$ Contributor

It's all who you know at the top!

10. Area51

Well Lapua made a 6.5 CM and its not even unique to them, so maybe the factory Dasher is just wishful thinking, or not, we shall see what we shall see.
    Now that whats left at Berger is part of the same parent company as Lapua, there will be some interesting changes over the months to come, have no doubt.
    I think a 6mm Dasher form Lapua is imminent. Maybe it will obsolete the 6BR?????

11. Hoodoo

Hoodoo

I think Alex nailed it. The trend now is for the BRAI, so why would Lapua make dasher brass when half of the shooters that would have bought dasher brass, has switched to the BRAI for the simple reason that Lapua hasn't made dasher brass.

12. Area51

I known that the real trend is back to a standard BR case, Lupua brass and the secret powders that are being used to get Dasher velocities with no ill side effects or issues. Those of us with no commercial interests in the hobby tend to promote what really does make sense and truly performs. Barrels and bullets, standard BR case and you are there in this class of cartridge, simple as that. Try not to cornfuse a new bbl that is shooting well vs your old one, with a simple mod on a cartridge, on a new bbl, that really gains you nothing of significance ballistically vs just the new barrel.
    Carry on,,,

Stan Taylor likes this.
  13. JLR

JLR

Seems to me the BRAI may have never happened had Lapua just made Dasher brass to start with. It's not like it'd be a huge tooling change for them, but I could be way wrong on that.

Area51 likes this.
  14. sdean

sdean

Dasher, BRX, BRDX, BRAI and whatever is next. Lapua would be foolish to chase a trend when they make the parent case for these. Ain't gonna happen.

Area51 and P1ZombieKiller like this.
  15. Area51

JLR & SDean, i really do think both of you guys are correct when its all said and done.
    And at the end of the year the 6BR still rules.
    Agreed.

16. Alex Wheeler

I cant think of any recent 1k br records shot with a standard br. It doesnt rule squat at 1k.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Mulligan likes this.
  17. Alex Wheeler

All I can tell you is why I decided to try the 6BRA. I know that anything bigger than the dasher case will not agg as well at 1k. I also have seen a dasher go out of tune for no reason enough times to think it may have been on the edge of too big. I was looking at doing a 6ppc improved of some sort to keep that 40 degree shoulder and slightly decrease powder capacity. We all have 308 bolt faces though. I remembered Sam Hall was playing with a 6br ackley imp. I asked Tom Mousel if he would try it if I tooled up. He agreed and after 4-5 barrels we have no doubt its a little better. Since that point I have chambered probably 40-50 BRAs and 3 dashers. The first 2 chambers on that reamer set world records this year. I do not take any credit at all for this case other than I thought Sam was on to something worth trying. I think some may think I am pushing the 6bra because its "my case design". Nope, I dont know who was first and dont care.

18. sparker

sparker

It would appear that the BRA and the BRDX have nearly identical case capacities. Not having the means to measure them, I would guess that they are within .2 grains of each other. Perhaps, not moving the whole shoulder forward contributes to greater consistency.

Scott Parker

19. Alex Wheeler

The brdx is much closer to a dasher than a BRA. I think the shoulder is blown forward .060 vs .080 for the dasher. The whole point of the 6bra for me was looking for better agging ability, better consistency. Anything on the br case will shoot when everything is right, the bra seems to do better when things are not right. Thats exactly what I was hoping for. The ease of case forming is way down the list for me, just a nice side effect. One thing that not moving the shoulder does, it prevents people from making inconsistent cases. You cant screw up BRA cases like you can dasher/drbx cases.

GRV likes this.
  20. Phil

Phil Gold $$ Contributor

I thought i read somewhere it was .039" forward.....

Exactly why i`m doing one, or more......:rolleyes: