KUDOS to RCBS....again and again

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by dickn52, Apr 6, 2019.

1. dickn52

dickn52 Gold $$ Contributor

Broke my Auto Primer yesterday. Called to get some replacement parts. "NOPE cannot buy them..they are on the way etc." Now I know RCBS is known for this reaction to my silly goof ups, but it needs restating over and over. These people may have invented customer relations. And no, I do not work for them.

Daddymac, Lone Hunter, AJC and 6 others like this.
  2. 10at6

10at6 Silver $$ Contributor

Best in the business

3. Ford Man

Ford Man

RCBS customer service is second to NONE!!

M-61 likes this.
  4. JMayo

JMayo

I emailed them about a part on my hand primer ....got a no response email saying a delivery was scheduled to arrive in two days.
    I didn't even get to vent my frustration
    ..... :/

5. Nick Caprinolo

Nick Caprinolo Gold $$ Contributor

No body does it better.

6. New Gun

New Gun Gold $$ Contributor

RCBS helped me out and would not take any money. WOW!!!

Daddymac and Lone Hunter like this.
  7. montef

montef Silver $$ Contributor

I called them to "buy" a replacement motor for my vibratory cleaner that was out of warranty. The helpful gentleman asked if I could do it myself. Showed up a few days later, no charge!

Zero333 and Daddymac like this.
  8. M-61

M-61 "Quis Separabit" Gold $$ Contributor

The service they offer is untouchable. The length of time they have been this good is unfathomable.

9. Tommie

Tommie Gold $$ Contributor

As a rule the reloading industry treats customers like gold.

10. hambone1971

hambone1971 Silver $$ Contributor

I emailed them about my hand priming tool plastic inserts for the small and large primer adapters. Tried to buy them and they sent me both of them. The black and white ones sent free of charge and FAST. Also I'm starting to really like my RCBS Chargemaster-lite for under dumping rifle loads then dribble up .1 grain.
    Redding is very good too at sending parts free and fast when you need something.....HB

Zero333, Daddymac and dickn52 like this.
  11. BoydAllen

BoydAllen

IMO it is not possible to have customer service that is better than RCBS's.

12. 270guy

270guy

I know this just echoing what everyone else is saying, but heck if its good, its great! I'm in New Zealand, had a question about the tiny red plastic bushing that you fit in your shell holder for using the RCBS APS system. I was having trouble with the bushings spliting. And I couldn't find any here. I contacted RCBS, and they sent me some for free. And gave me a great tip...put one of the small rifle primer bushing inside a large rifle primer bushing (when seating small rifle primers). Sorted. That is going the extra 12,000 miles!

Zero333, Daddymac and loud_noise like this.
  13. thatguyshm

thatguyshm

Interesting because I've emailed them twice now and have not gotten a response. I had a press break between the mounting holes due to what looks like a void in the casting.

14. Daddymac

Daddymac Gold $$ Contributor

Well, I have always had excellent customer service from RCBS, but you better have some time, it may just be me, but every time I call it's an automated system and a long wait and to talk with a tech.

15. dickn52

It must be your phone. I called and they answered right then, placed the request, added info for shipping and was off the phone in less than 10 minutes. Must have been my lucky day.

Daddymac likes this.
  16. Lone Hunter

Lone Hunter Silver $$ Contributor

So far every time I have called them it's been my fault not theirs. Broke decapping pins and couldn't find any around here lost some washers on my trimmer, sent them to me and had friendly people answering the phone. Most places act like they are doing you a favor just talking to you. Dillon, Redding have been very helpful also..

dickn52 and Daddymac like this.
  17. Daddymac

Daddymac Gold $$ Contributor

Give me the number you called or what time of day it was, had to call them today, 3:00 pacific time, waited for next tech for a little over nineteen minutes, started timer after navigating automated system. This has always been the norm for me when calling RCBS, surely I can't be the only one, can I?

18. dickn52

Just depends on timing I'd say. I live on the correct coast and our 11 AM is their starting time. When I call I may be one of the first in the Que.

Daddymac likes this.
  19. chevytruck_83

chevytruck_83

Rcbs Leupold and vortex are companies that deserve credit when it comes to customer service. I broke an rcbs die when I started reloading. They sent me a bag of pins to punch the primers out and said if you need any help please feel free to call. We will walk you through it.

20. grovey

grovey Silver $$ Contributor

Good to know. I opened my hand primer up one day without the gizmo in there and it fell apart. Doubt they would hook me up since the parts may be scattered by now.