Kidd Custom Rifles

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by BigRon, Feb 11, 2019.

1. BigRon

BigRon

Does anybody recommend these rifles? What do you need to know if considering having one built.

2. MarkS

MarkS Silver $$ Contributor

Ron,
    Get the super grade action ( same cost) and 2 stage trigger. I got the barreled action complete with 2 stage trigger. Then put it in a Titan stock with Titan's rear anchor. The best 10-22 setup made IMO.

Mark

TimS and Sniper338 like this.
  3. Tech0214

Tech0214

I have a supergrade. Love it. Very accurate and a blast to shoot.

TimS likes this.
  4. foxguy

foxguy Silver $$ Contributor

Does anyone know what kind of groups the Kidd Super Grades can get @ 100 Yards with Premium Match ammo.

5. Sniper338

Sniper338

I bought all the parts and put it together myself in a titan stock. Love it...

I havent done a good ammo test with it.. i did find a bulk ammo that shot better than eley black box.

6. Tommie

Tommie Gold $$ Contributor

Anything other than Kidd is just settling for less. That includes Volquartsen.

TimS, Sniper338 and drybean like this.
  7. BigRon

BigRon

So, it sounds like everybody recommends buying the components and placing in another stock other than the magpul. Is that correct advise??

Sniper338 likes this.
  8. jepp2

jepp2 Gold $$ Contributor

I went a slightly different route. I bought the complete barrelled action minus the stock. This allowed me to avoid the firearms FAET 11% tax you pay on a complete rifle. And it came all assembled to me.

foxguy likes this.
  9. Sniper338

Sniper338

Pretty much.

10. BigRon

BigRon

Mark, Does the Titan, rear anchor need to be bedded or not?

11. Tech0214

Tech0214

This is a 10 shot group at 100 yards. Using Sk pistol match special ammo. There wasn’t any wind that day. Lol.

Attached Files:

holstil and foxguy like this.
  12. MarkS

No everything bolts in a Aluminium bedding block front and back.

Mark

BigRon and foxguy like this.
  13. MarkS

foxguy likes this.
  14. jepp2

1 Caution. The more time you spend on their website, the more money you will spend.

For me it all started with a trigger kit. When I saw the workmanship of the parts and the change it made to my 10-22 trigger, I was hooked.

BigRon and holstil like this.
  15. DOGCAPPER

DOGCAPPER

They good

16. BigRon

BigRon

If you were in my position would you start with a stock rifle receiver, and add barrel, trigger and bolt or just buy a complete rifle already put together?

17. MarkS

You will need a factory gun to start. If you build one, everything cost the same. The only difference is the cost of the action. Add up the cost, then compare cost to a Kidd. The accuracy of the Kidd is the action and the rear anchor. you can get a barreled action with everything but the trigger for $600. The trigger is what bites, it is $300 but it is the best one made. You can put a Kidd together with a BX trigger, OH that hurt me to say that.

Mark

18. jepp2

I already had a stock Ruger receiver with a Green Mountain barrel, the Kidd trigger kit, and an upgraded bolt. But I wanted the features they offer and bought this:
    KIDD Aftermarket Barreled Action Supergrade with Build Options
    RECEIVER COLOR: Silver (Expect 2 week delay)
    Barrel Length, Finish, and Muzzle Threading Option: 20" Match SS .920" Polished
    trigger unit: two stage silver with red curved trigger blade - 289.95
    TRIGGER PULL WEIGHT SETTING: two stage 12oz/12oz= 1.5lbs (mid weight target-plinking)
    MAGAZINE RELEASE LEVER: extended (medium)
    additional muzzle brake: no thanks
    BOLT COLOR & FINISH: silver scalloped - 109.95
    BOLT HANDLE ASSEMBLY OPTION: Silver with Black Viton - 29.95
    Paramount Torque Limiting Screwdriver for the KIDD Supergrade Premium : Yes Please - 25.00
    REAR TANG (added stability): Attachable Rear Tang (stock will need additional inletting) 22.00
    STOCK List stock if YES, on rear tang: Boyds rimfire hunter

And I couldn't be happier. Would buy the same thing if I were ordering today.

BigRon likes this.
  19. kevwil

kevwil

I've done exactly that. I took a cheap Ruger 10/22, replaced everything but the receiver body with a Kidd ultralight barrel (amazing!!), bolt, bolt handle, recoil spring, guide rod, 2 stage trigger, it a Titan stock. Had some binding issues with the bolt/trigger combo so switched to a Timney Calvin Elite trigger. Shoots fantastically, a repeatable match winner. BUT ... if I could do it all over, I wouldn't waste all that time and money troubleshooting and fidgeting about making a factory Ruger action into a great shooter.

I'm planning on handing this down to my son and buying a Kidd Supergrade barreled action with trigger and dropping it in a Titan action with the Victor rear anchor. I suggest anyone serious about precision 22LR in semi-auto to do the same.

20. timberflint

timberflint

Am also thinking of putting a Kidd Barreled action into a Titan stock. Am not at all interested in barrels that interchange.

That being said, does anyone know if there is any accuracy difference between the Classic Slip Fit and the Supergrade. All else being equal.

Thanks for any input.