Kelblys Customer Service

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by johnmyers, Dec 18, 2018.

1. johnmyers

johnmyers Gold $$ Contributor

I sent a bolt to Kelblys on December 10 to have bolt face opened. They received it on December 13 and I got it back yesterday December 17!! Never thought it would be that fast. Great people to work with.

2. Uthink Uknow

Uthink Uknow Gold $$ Contributor

Tell us something we don't know.

Nature Boy, bpmoss1 and vahena like this.
  3. Lbart

Lbart Gold $$ Contributor

Typical service from a great family business. They tend to go beyond when it comes to service. One if my Panda actions will be 30 years old in a few months. I hate to think how many thousands of times I have pulled the trigger.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    Mulligan and blairf like this.
  4. AckleymanII

AckleymanII Gold $$ Contributor

+1

vahena and blairf like this.
  5. Average joe

Average joe Gold $$ Contributor

I managed to break the side-plate (where it mounts to the picatinny rail) of one of my Kelbly rings. I called to see if I could purchase a replacement side-plate. Jim asked me if I would “accept a new set of rings”..........
    I had a new set of rings that week, free of charge!
    Great customer service indeed!

6. JEFFPPC

JEFFPPC

Great products and great service. I have 3 bench rifles all on Panda actions. I have never had any problems. Great people to deal with, have been to their shop several times, always leave very happy.

vahena likes this.
  7. 1shot

1shot Site $$ Sponsor

Recently took possession of my 4th Panda, and had Kelbly's re-bed it to an existing stock. Not only was the work flawless, the guys in the stock dept. corrected a few minor contact points at no additional charge.
    To say that the Kelbly family is tops in customer service would be an understatement.
    Thanks,

Lloyd

Mulligan likes this.
  8. WyleWD

WyleWD Gold $$ Contributor

If all companies had just half of their business ethic the business world would be a better place. Great people to do business with. WD

1shot likes this.
  9. boltfluter

boltfluter Gold $$ Contributor

Great family business with great products! And customer service to match. Doesn't get any better than this! ! :cool::cool:

Paul

10. joed49

joed49

I dealt with them when I had a varmint rifle re-barreled. I had just about given up on finding someone to do the work at a reasonable price. Kelblys did the work at a fair price and gave me a finished product that had unbelievable accuracy. They are about 50 miles away which is great for me. I can't say enough good about them.

boltfluter likes this.
  11. dtucker

dtucker Silver $$ Contributor

They have built me several rifles over the years and I have bought many stocks and actions also over the years. They are the nicest people I have ever dealt with. Their products and customer service is the best.

1shot and Zero333 like this.
  12. kneedtospeed

kneedtospeed Gold $$ Contributor

The Kelbly's factory is impressive, and they are always proud to give a tour of their state of the art, modernized facility. They turn out some of the very best equipment available, period.
    You'll not find a Nicer Family, or techs Anywhere!
    They will do whatever it takes to keep you running, if you need them. You just Can't go wrong, there...

1shot and Zero333 like this.
  13. bichettereds

bichettereds Silver $$ Contributor

Just a couple weeks ago the bolt face on my panda was etched. Maybe bad primers... probably too much pressure. Either way, I emailed Jim with some photos to get their opinion and he said send it in. They cleaned it up and had it back to me in a few days, for the cost of return shipping. Very nice people!

Zero333 likes this.
  14. vahena

vahena Bob Schultz Gold $$ Contributor

#1 on all of the above...
    Rob

15. Dave Way

Dave Way Gold $$ Contributor

I can’t deny they are nice people but I have to speak up, nobody’s perfect. I’ve been waiting almost 8 weeks for a bolt that I was told would take 2-3. It’s not the first time. I don’t want everyone who reads this thread to expect a miracle each time you deal with Kelbly’s. That would be unrealistic.

avidflyer likes this.
  16. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold $$ Contributor

A few months ago I lowered the scope rings on my "new to me" Panda and found the bolt handle interfered with the ocular end of the Kahles 1050.

I called Kelblys to get advice on what to do as I was wanting to shoot it in a match in 5 days. Ian said send it to him overnight and he'd bend the bolt handle and get it back to me. He received it on Tuesday and I got it back on Thursday, fixed. There was no invoice in the box so I called him and asked, "what do I owe you.

His answer, "nothing, this is what we do"

Amazing folks over there and a great company. The product they sell ain't too shabby either.

17. kybountyhunter

kybountyhunter Silver $$ Contributor

I received my second complete FTR rifle from Kelbley's a few months ago.. which was done a few months earlier than I was told. Both exceeded my expectations on how they shoot. I also just received a spare bolt for my new left handed build, which I just ordered a few weeks ago. Those guys are just top notch people!

Mike Plunkett

Jdne5b likes this.
  18. mikeeg02

mikeeg02 Michael Glantz Gold $$ Contributor

Have you tried calling and asking them whats up?

19. Dave Way

Dave Way Gold $$ Contributor

I wasn’t going to go there Mike but since you asked, you deserve an answer. I did call. I talked to someone who shall remain unnamed. He said it would be two more weeks. No explanation was given even though the order was already past due. I emailed another person, who shall remain unnamed, the same day, and explained what I was told. Still no explanation other than “we need to make that bolt, it will be two weeks”. At that point I decided to send the action, to make sure the bolt fit, along with a check. They said this shouldn’t be necessary for a proper fit but the bolt still needed to be made, this had dragged out, and I didn’t want any more delays. In other words sending the bolt should guarantee a perfect fit and not delay delivery. That was almost three weeks ago. The check has been cashed. I have not heard a word. I am not all about bashing Kelbly’s. This is simply my current ongoing experience and you asked. Dave.

12/22/18 Update- Bolt arrived today. One day shy of 8 weeks but all is well that ends well. Dave.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  20. bichettereds

bichettereds Silver $$ Contributor

Another great experience with Kelblys Customer service. After sending my bolt in with the etched bolt face I asked them what a new bolt would run, sans the firing pin assembly since I already had a spare. Got the quote same day and I told them sounds good and I’d like one. All they needed was the serial number on my action. That was 12/14 and the bolt arrived today in the mail with an invoice inside. Who sends a near $500 item to a customer who’s never purchased directly from them before? No cc on file or anything. Anyway, bolt headspaced great and a check went in the mail. Can’t speak more highly of Ian and Jim.

As a side note, this bolt came with spiral fluting, which I believe is standard. My original bolt is solid. That made a 1.1oz difference, which now allows me to make 10.5lbs with the Valdada scope I just picked up. Yay!

kneedtospeed likes this.