JJ Loh Base - 2 Available

Discussion in 'Commercial Sales by Paid Sponsors' started by Field & Cave, Dec 10, 2018.

1. mikecockcroft

mikecockcroft Silver $$ Contributor

Travis, PM sent.
    Order complete on your website.

Field & Cave likes this.
  2. Field & Cave

Field & Cave Site $$ Sponsor

All orders have shipped or will ship today or tomorrow (Mike's). I have one set back for Bryant's brother in law. I have 2 extra beyond that.

Get yours here: https://fieldandcaveoutfitters.com/products/jj-loh-rest-aluminum-base-plate

Thanks!

3. mikecockcroft

Type JJ Base into search function on website.

4. james gregory

james gregory

Travis,received base plate today.Absolutely beautiful. Now if I could figure out how to get speed screw out of old base and into the new. Any suggestions out there?
    Thanks

Jim

5. Field & Cave

Once all of the guys that wanted them have placed their orders, we’ll take it out of the “hidden” collection. It will then be visible to anyone that visits our site without having to search or needing the direct link.

6. Field & Cave

Glad you like it. Unfortunately, this is the first i’ve heard of a stubborn speed screw. Maybe try some penetrating oil?

7. Field & Cave

Rather than making custom spacers, we shipped these units with 8 stainless washers. These washers go under your factory speed screw so you can tighten it to the shoulder without the 1/2" threaded portion protruding thru our plate.

8. Boatschool02

Boatschool02 Silver $$ Contributor

There is a proper tool for this, but I didn't feel like buying one.
    I took the closest two drill bits I could find, dropped them in the holes wrong side up and then broke it lose with a crescent wrench. Worked better than it should have.
    Yes, I also put some Kroil on it for 10 minutes in advance as well.

Field & Cave likes this.
  9. james gregory

james gregory

The part that screws down to the plate is the part that I am having problems with. The vertical adjuster screws in and out just fine,but the part that screws down through the plate will not break free ,or at least not for me.

Jim

10. Field & Cave

Unfortunately, I don’t have a JJ handy to look at/ help diagnose. From the sounds of Boatschool’s advice it seems like there must be some holes for a spanner or something. Have you tried calling Mr. Loh? Anyone else care to share how they got theirs out?

11. mikecockcroft

12. Boatschool02

Boatschool02 Silver $$ Contributor

Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Yes, mine has two holes on the top intended for a specific tool.
    Makes you wonder how he got yours on that tight in the first place?

13. Field & Cave

What's the diameter & thread pitch? Is it a single, double, triple start? Worst case scenario, we could probably make a split nut with some flats on it - like a Hornady die locking ring. Would be best if I had a screw in hand to measure/ test.

I'm about to go dark for a few days taking my boy fishing. I'll check this thread when I return. We'll figure something out.

Mulligan likes this.
  14. Mulligan

Mulligan Gold $$ Contributor

Mine is exactly the same as yours. I wrapped a small piece of leather around it and gently placed the channel locks on it. No issues whatsoever.
    CW

Edit
    Came right out without issue.
    CW

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Field & Cave likes this.
  15. Field & Cave

16. mikecockcroft

have not tried yet. Sent picture to help other guy explain what he was talking about. I was going to use strap wrench or as stated above wrap threads with leather and use channel locks. Worst case scenario is to make two nuts and jamb them together. Will try before I head to work.

17. mikecockcroft

Came out but highly recommend penetrating oil first. Used leather and channel lock pliers. It didn’t just screw out, took some effort. Those fine threads could be easily damaged.

Field & Cave and Mulligan like this.