It's 10/22 day...lets see yours

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by MikeMcCasland, Oct 22, 2019.

1. MikeMcCasland

MikeMcCasland Gold $$ Contributor

It being 10/22 and all, I figure we'd have a thread to see all those Rugers, Kidds, Volqs, X-Ring 10/22s out there.

I'll kick the party off:

1022.jpg

I bought a 700 Sendero years ago at Cabelas, and they gave you a $150 gift card if you spent so much. I got to the register with the Sendero, checked out, got my gift card, and walked back to the gun counter again. Free 10/22!

Modified it since then.

Ruger heavy barrel stock
    Kidd Trigger/Bolt
    Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40
    GemTech Mist 22 intergrally suppressed barrel

It ain't all that accurate with the barrel really only being 7", and literally about as thin as a sharpie, but you'll never hear me in a pasture at night :D. I don't shoot it nearly as much as I should. Probably don't even have 1,000 rounds through it.

Whether it's a beater you use for varmints, a rifle you keep for the grandkids, or a ~$3,000 money-pit build, let's see em!

mikeinct likes this.
  2. powderbrake

powderbrake Gold $$ Contributor

Here is my 10-22 as done by Chief AJ . The stock and trigger have been modified, the barrel has a match chamber, and the scope is a Burris 3 post german reticle, 1 1/2 power, long eye relief.

It is extremely accurate, and you can keep a beer can rolling with it.

here is some background on Chief AJ, a real character. https://www.chiefaj.com/chief-world-record-shooting

DSC_1615_Small.JPG

mikeinct and MikeMcCasland like this.
  3. garandman

garandman Bolt Gun Bodacious Gold $$ Contributor

4. msinc

msinc

I have two, this one is for coon hunting. It has an old Ramline folding stock, long discontinued but handy to carry in the woods. The light is adjusted to where the scope is looking for ease of shooting at night. PA020001.JPG

Here is the other one...all around hunting and fun gun. This one has a MagPul stock and a Butler creek carbon fiber barrel. Both of these have trigger jobs too. 1022.JPG

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    mikeinct and MikeMcCasland like this.
  5. zeke06

zeke06 Silver $$ Contributor

A3DFECD4-D4D2-468E-92CD-90C8BF0D24C5.jpeg Here’s my favorite and most accurate 10/22
    Pikes arms receiver that I threaded and added a rear bedding tang
    JWH bolt that I did a little work to
    F J Feddersen barrel I got as a blank that I turned down, lapped, and chambered.
    Kidd 2 stage trigger(3/3)
    Harrell tuner
    I made the stock from a blank and piller bedded with Marine-Tex
    Shop made mid barrel tuner
    Kidd heavy bolt spring, mag hammer spring and brass bolt handle
    Sightron 45x45 in Burris rings

Jdne5b, boltfluter, mikeinct and 2 others like this.
  6. Iowa Fox

Iowa Fox Silver $$ Contributor

zeke my mouth is watering. Built with the best of the best stuff and darn nice job on the stock.

7. MikeMcCasland

MikeMcCasland Gold $$ Contributor

Zeke - That looks amazing. I'm guessing it does a little better than agging 1.5" @ 50 yards? :p