IOR ROUND THREE

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, Sights, Rings, Bases Etc.' started by DOGCAPPER, Dec 5, 2017.

Trader History (14)
  1. madman23

madman23

I sent mine in and it has to go to the factory. Mine is 20 years old and I am sure Val doesn't have any parts on hand. They are not the only ones having problems when you send it back. The sloths at customs can hold on to your package until some sloth presses a key stroke. That's coming and going. Going to the factory unfortunately is a back burner for them. Leupold, Kahles, Burris and others all have some problems. Vortex will just give you a new one and a lot of companies do to avoid bad customer service. The factory may require him to not give another scope until they fix it but I also won't be buying any more.

2. DOGCAPPER

DOGCAPPER

hoghunter you getting anywhere on your scope??

3. jghoghunter

jghoghunter Gold $$ Contributor

Not yet will be calling again this week to see what he has to say again. Then it's time to call my lawyer and see what he has to say and where to go from here.

4. NWnewguy

NWnewguy

Glad I read this. I'm a Vortex, Bushnell Elite, Night Force kind of guy, but I was always kind of envious of the Eastern European and German stuff. Looks like it could be more trouble than it's worth. If they can't repair it here, that 's a bad business plan from the get go.

jimmymac and jim_k like this.
  5. jimmymac

jimmymac Gold $$ Contributor

ttt

Any resolution?

6. jimmymac

jimmymac Gold $$ Contributor

...one more time out of curiosity.

7. mikeeg02

mikeeg02 Michael Glantz Gold $$ Contributor

If you're talking about @jghoghunter , he still doesnt have his scope back. I think that boat sunk.

jimmymac and Michael White like this.
  8. Michael White

Michael White

I actual went to his shop when it was in Colorado. It's a One Man show. He is it for the USA. I picked up a nice scope from him and so far no issues. But, being a one man show leaves no time for anything except sales.
    I would not purchase another.

9. dickn52

dickn52 Gold $$ Contributor

Having been a sloth at Customs, remember that scopes are indeed ITAR regulated items and the sloths at Customs have to insure they are exporting to the original manufacturer for repair and not to an individual. Then when importing, they have to ensure that the export and import match up. Very time consuming unless the sloths outside of Customs do their due diligence and gather all the right documents before exporting and then re-importing. "When exporting goods purchased overseas for repair, alteration, processing, replacement, exchange, upgrade, or for use abroad, it is recommended that the exporter fill out a CBP Form 4455 Certificate of Registration and include a copy with the shipment. A Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer must physically see the goods being exported and sign off on the certificate. When sending goods overseas, the exporter should send the overseas supplier a copy of the CBP Form 4455 in the package and have them return it with the goods when sending them back to the U.S. This will let the foreign country Customs and CBP know the purpose of the import into either of their countries. The form should be in the package and easily accessible, so when the item is returned to the U.S. and examined by CBP it will be clear to the CBP Officer that the goods were previously in the U.S."
    This sloth thanks you for your attention to these details.

10. jghoghunter

Thats his job. That is what IOR pays him to do. I don't have a problem with it taken time to get back and forth. My problem is him lying to me about sending me another scope to use in the mean time. Three times he has told me the same thing. NOTHING ever shows up!!!!!!!! I also believe August of 17 till now is plenty of time to get something back. The other bullshit is, no response from him unless I have called him since August of 17. The whole deal is BULLSHIT. WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN. I ALSO ENCOURAGE OTHERS EITHER NOT TO BUY OR BUY KNOWING THAT IF IT BREAKS YOU ARE SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

11. dickn52

From a US Customs point of view, there is so much wrong with your statement as I read it that it hurts to try and explain. YOU have a broken scope and need to send it to Romania for repair. YOU have to do the CF 4455 since you are EXPORTING it not him since it is a US form. That form MUST go with the product so it can come back after repair free of duty. As for the CS at IOR, I admit I know nothing. In 1995 I bought 3 IOR scopes for a total of $600.00 but I 'knew a guy who knew a guy etc...'. That was during the Romanian freedom explosion after the Pres was caught and shot... They make a good scope. They may have the worst CS on the planet. I haven't dealt with them.

12. dickn52

Ship/Return

Valdada Customer Service: 200 Centre Dr. Unit #2, Burleson, TX 76028
    Tel: [​IMG]682 224 5865

13. jghoghunter

So what you are saying is that. The KIA car that you own breaks down under warranty you the owner have to put it on a container ship and send it back to Korea to be repaired! I understand what you are saying, you are entitled to your opinion even thou its wrong. You take your KIA to where ever the KIA people tell you to. Then you get your car repaired and you pick it up.
    It is not my job to return it to Romania. I did exactly what Val at IOR told me to do. Which is ship it to the address that you so helpfully, in big bold letters for the viewing impaired posted for us.

Like I said before if you read the whole post. The scope was awesome right up till the point I realized it was not holding point of aim. Glass is great the reticle is great. I REALLY liked the scope. Its just to bad I can not buy anymore because if you do have a problem. YOU ARE SCREWED!!!!!!!!!

14. dickn52

Then where did the US Customs sloth stuff come from? They don't usually get involved with stuff going to Texas. As for opinions, well we both have one and this site is to nice to go down that road. Best of luck with your scope issues.

15. jghoghunter

Read the whole thread.
    Thank you I hope it works out.

16. DOGCAPPER

DOGCAPPER

STOP THE PRESSES

NEWS FLASH

THE BOAT FROM ROMANIA HAS LANDED
    I got a call from a very excited young man saying he had my repaired scope in hand and wanted to verify my mailing address.
    The call caught me napping and without my hearing aids and I failed to understand who and where the call was from.
    However it seems no charge is pending.
    Also , and this is important, IF I AM NOT SATISFIED HE WILL RETURN IT TO ROMANIA FOR FURTHER WORK.

I think the last part was a GODFATHER threat.

17. duchess49

duchess49 Silver $$ Contributor

Good for you, glad you got your scope, not sure about sending it back. LOL

Dan Honert

18. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly

I'll have to see if there is anyone at that address since I live outside of Burleson.

Michael White likes this.
  19. dickn52

Says it's shares a building where Sandsational and Versus Car audio is located. Frontage road off I35?