IOR ROUND THREE

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, Sights, Rings, Bases Etc.' started by DOGCAPPER, Dec 5, 2017.

Trader History (14)
  1. jghoghunter

jghoghunter Gold $$ Contributor

Just talked with Val at IOR who was at the shot show try to rip people off evidently. This time he was good enough to at least act like he was writing my address down to send me that loaner scope he has been sending me since SEPTEMBER 13,2017. They recieved my scope on August 23 2017. He said some scopes were coming in but knew nothing of the scopes needing repaired. My scope made it there in 2 days. We will see!!!!!!!!:(:(:(

jimmymac likes this.
  2. P1ZombieKiller

P1ZombieKiller Gold $$ Contributor

I just called Val too since my scope was sent back for a hair in the reticle. I askes him NOT to send it back for repairs and I would just live with the hair. Hopefully I saved myself some heart ache by doing this.

3. jghoghunter

I hope so!
    I loved that scope but if it won't hold point of aim. It doesn't matter how nice it is.

4. jghoghunter

ttt
    Just want everyone to know how they are backing up their products.

5. P1ZombieKiller

I just got my 36x back and the hair appears to be gone. Sorry you are having issues, and I am glad I didn't go through the same thing.

6. jghoghunter

I see you are in Texas also maybe he thought you might give him a little visit.;)
    I'm glad you got it back. I have not received my loaner scope yet as they keep telling me about.

7. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

Yep. I'm in the market for a LR scope and IOR is COMPLETELY off my radar for as long as I live after reading similar threads on other sites about their CS.

8. mr45man

mr45man Gold $$ Contributor

Bovine excrement.

9. IdahoSharpshooter

IdahoSharpshooter Gold $$ Contributor

this would not have happened with Leupold or Vortex. Consider this an objective (and likely very costly) lesson in "Buy American" on two accounts.

1. made in America = repaired in America.
    2. lifetime warranty, means repaired or replaced with out cost to the consumer by the American manufacturer.

Sorry to hear about your issue, but it is always the same when the repair facility is six to ten time zones away.

Bc'z likes this.
  10. dickn52

dickn52 Gold $$ Contributor

I'm waiting for something a little more in depth. I lived in Romania and am very familiar with IOR and Valdada. Go ahead, wow me.

Michael White likes this.
  11. mr45man

mr45man Gold $$ Contributor

Having once sent a scope overseas for repair,
    6 months is unacceptable .
    Will not do that again. That's all.
    I was born in eastern Europe ,if that makes any difference

dickn52 likes this.
  12. jimmymac

jimmymac Gold $$ Contributor

I contacted them early last week and referred them to this thread. I don't even have a dog in the fight.

jghoghunter likes this.
  13. dickn52

dickn52 Gold $$ Contributor

It means a lot. I never saw the world like that experience. Which is almost exactly why it takes so long. BUT IOR made almost all scopes for the Soviet Union during it's day, and the Hensoldt glass they used was beautiful.

14. DOGCAPPER

DOGCAPPER

The thread lit a fire. Hope it burns IOR.

15. jghoghunter

The glass was awesome, the reticle a crosshair with dots 1 moa apart I believe mp8 was awesome, it only weighed I believe 21 or 22 oz, the fact that it wouldn't hold point of aim makes all the good points useless. I'm very disappointed, that scope was everything I wanted in a scope.:(:(

16. P1ZombieKiller

Not trying to get in a pissing match... My two 36x hold spot on. I shoot short range BR and wehn going from my leupold to this valdada, my X count immediately improved. It improved so much that i bought a 2nd one for my back up rifle.
    Once again i am sorry this happened to you, and sorry that the company hasn't taken better care of you.

From my personal experiences, and for short range BR, i give the 36x 2 thumbs up.

17. jimmymac

jimmymac Gold $$ Contributor

Apparently you aren't the only one Wes. I've seen the 36X show up in quite a few match reports.

For me though, it's not worth it until they get their act together for service work. I expect better customer service when I'm spending $1200 or more. jghoghunter isn't the only one. DOGCAPPER has been without for 18 months.

18. jghoghunter

My bullet maker knows of 2 others down south that have had the same problems as myself. Its a shame, like I said I really liked the scope.

19. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly

Bad CS always sucks. I've been really happy with my IOR Recon.
    I've known of IOR scope issues years ago, but the guy's I know that have recently produced optics have been happy with them.

deadeye10 likes this.
  20. jghoghunter

Sorry but I don't want to see this get to far down. I want everyone to know how they take care of their customers.

boltfluter and jimmymac like this.