info needed, who makes a awesome pellet rifle

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by 30EX, Jun 15, 2018.

1. 30EX

30EX Gold $$ Contributor

simply, want a real badass one with power!!!

My girl has a Crosman G1 Extreme .177, she was all over the target, after making the adjustments to the scope it grouped about 3/4"-1" at about 60yds, I never thought those rifles could shoot that good, now I want one to help her wipe out the rabbits that are all over the place, after its was all done, a few of those suckers were right there out in the field about 100yds, so what the hell, just set the scope to the 100yd setting and let her ripe, well hot dam hit both of those suckers, shot up in the air about 3 ft, don't know at that range if I did any damage, but I did hit them both, what is a good powerful .177 pellet rifle, or should I just the same one?

The X-Man

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  2. Mr.Spradlin

Mr.Spradlin Gold $$ Contributor

Depends on what you want to spend.
    The most accurate I have ever seen is the Thomas but its also the most expensive
    You can learn a lot over at www.airgunnation.com

3. Chfcemerson

Chfcemerson Silver $$ Contributor

Sounds to me you are not looking for a competition gun. In my opinion the best bang for your buck would be a Benjamin Marauder. You can get it .17, .22 or even .25 calibers. These are pre charged pnematic guns, so you wil need a scuba tank to refil them. Much more accurate than a spring gun and super quiet as they have built-in supressors. Mr. Spaulding is correct...you can spend 2-3 thousand for a competition gun.

Kevin Taylor and krink85 like this.
  4. JRS

JRS Gold $$ Contributor

Daystate or FX.

.177 for feathers. .22 or bigger for fur;)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  5. Mr.Spradlin

Mr.Spradlin Gold $$ Contributor

6. gilmillan1

gilmillan1 Silver $$ Contributor

Best bang the marauder and a really good one is an FX. The new crown is a very nice one.

holstil likes this.
  7. carlsbad

carlsbad Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep. Gold $$ Contributor

I spent hundreds on a good spring cocker from Beeman and hundreds more on a good airgun scope. Worked good but not great for a few years. Then it it lost accuracy and the scope died too. the hinge eventually wears and you lose accuracy.

So I got a Benjamin Marauder and it is much more accurate, more powerful, and easy on scopes. The downside is you need an airtank and fill hose. With a kid, you also have to make sure they don't over pressurize the onboard tank.

If you're willing to deal with the tank, PCP is the way to go. I put an inexpensive vortex rimfire scope on it and can shoot crows in the eye.

--Jerry

PatMiles likes this.
  8. TimS

TimS Gold $$ Contributor

Logun MK 2 professional. If you can find one. Possibly the most accurate firearm I've ever owned or shot.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  9. wholman

wholman

I think for what you wont a beeman and good pellets will be good.

10. GSPV

GSPV A failure to plan is a plan for failure. Gold $$ Contributor

If you can deal with the tank, a Benjamin Marauder is a nice rifle.

I have one in 25 cal for pests. It’s quiet, accurate, and gets the job done.

steve123 likes this.
  11. mikegaiz

mikegaiz Stay frosty, my friend. Silver $$ Contributor

RWS it's German, You vill like it.....

12. snert

snert Silver $$ Contributor

Marauder for what you are doing...25 cal. 4-14 Weaver GS. Go forth and sin no more!!!

13. 284winner

284winner Gold $$ Contributor

I purchased a Benjamin Trail XL NP 2200. Very powerful pellet gun but accuracy needs help. Probably a trigger issue. Poor triggers on them make it tough to keep consistent groups.

14. Richard Coody

Richard Coody Gold $$ Contributor

15. 284winner

Diana pellet rifles are among the finest of the spring piston rifles. Just wasn't interested in the 500.00+ price tag for how much use I'd get from this pellet gun. RWS and Diana seem to be the two top guns in spring piston technology. At least they did when I was looking hard and comparing models and makes.

mikegaiz likes this.
  16. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

I have a remington .177 break barrel .
    Surprisingly accurate, I got it for ground squirrel at our old place.
    I ht dime sized cover spots at 40 yards.
    I've whacked ground squirrel at 100 from a rest

17. yukonal

yukonal Silver $$ Contributor

I got a good one, 284. Newer model with the suppressor. 22 cal. I only shoot to 30 yards, but anything inside of that is toast. Put a nice Vortex rifle scope on it and it just plain hammers.

The nitro piston is SOOO much nicer than a springer.

18. 284winner

Sounds like it. Mine is the nitro piston. Just not used to mine yet. Been shooting the multi pump models for 50 years and the difference in the jump from the piston is tough to get used to. Haven't really benched the gun for real accuracy only off a deck rail or free hand. Still tough to get used to. Is that model you purchased the SBD Benjamin .22 ?

19. yukonal

yukonal Silver $$ Contributor

I'd have to dig out the box. Benjamin Trail NP 22 cal, with the suppressor. Black synthetic stock.

Don't know what the SBD is.

20. Kevin Taylor

Kevin Taylor Gold $$ Contributor

Ditto, I shoot a 25 Mauder, next stuff!