Inaugural Long Range Match @ Deadzero July 27-28

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by MattKubic, Jul 1, 2019.

1. maxeyvalley

maxeyvalley Gold $$ Contributor

20 shots for record only ? Deferent match for each day ?

2. morpheus

morpheus Jim Sokolowski Sling Shooter Gold $$ Contributor

My understanding is that it's a 3x20x1000 each day, so three 20-shot matches each day. Pretty standard.

3. MattKubic

MattKubic

6mmTAC40 likes this.
  4. kreiert

kreiert

Matt, just a heads up. It will only let you register for one day.

5. M99

M99

6. M99

M99

That is a dead link. Do we have to register with that other website in order to shoot your matches? Most of us already get far more spam than we want and those types of websites sell our email to everybody with a dollar.

7. MattKubic

MattKubic

I will check on the link. I don't have any experience with Practiscore so bear with me.

8. EBaker

EBaker

Looks like its gonna be a real nice range. Plus, not too far from Atlanta.....outstanding!

9. M99

M99

Thanks. MY experience with those sites that force you to "Register" with them before you can sign up with "them" and give them your personal info before you can register for anything, or purchase a ticket, etc. is that they just want your info to sell it to everyone in the world. I had the same experience trying to purchase tickets to a motorcycle race recently. It was as if they wanted me to marry them before they would allow me to purchase tickets. I passed and didn't see the race. Its a real scam.

Much better to just post a link to a.pdf file that allows us to either register in advance, or see the program so we can just show up and register at the event unless it is a major shoot that will be over subscribed.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  10. morpheus

morpheus Jim Sokolowski Sling Shooter Gold $$ Contributor

The registration link works just fine for me. I think I know why - I already had a Practiscore account from when I signed up for Berger SW Nationals in 2017, so it was easy for me to use it for the upcoming Dead Zero match. I have not received any spam or felt slighted in any way by Practiscore in the ~2 years since I first registered. I would hope that the other ~400 or so people that attend BSWN every year have had the same experience that I have had.

I am not surprised that a venue with as much advanced technology as Dead Zero would also employ a more advanced solution to registering for their matches. I am sure sliced bread had some launch glitches and was disconcerting to some people when it first hit the market, but we all got used to it eventually. ;)

Tempest likes this.
  11. 50bmg1979

50bmg1979 Gold $$ Contributor

I used the site to register for southwest nationals this year. Haven't received anything from them since. Seems easy enough

morpheus likes this.
  12. M99

M99

They may be better then some others, but it usually is not the site you register with that sends out a lot of junk spam and advertising. They sell your information to lots of 3rd parties, and that is usually where all the additional marketing stuff comes from. Selling your personal information is where they make their money.

13. M99

M99

Do we have to register in advance at all for local matches or can we just show up and register there at 8 AM as we typically do at ORSA and AEDC?

14. M99

M99

Is there any recommendation for a convenient Hotel?

15. ttfreestyle

ttfreestyle Gold $$ Contributor

16. ttfreestyle

17. ttfreestyle

18. 6mmTAC40

6mmTAC40 Your only as good as your equipment

19. M99

M99

Thank you

20. M99

M99

Is there some App that we should download on our Tablets (Android) before arriving?