Idaho - heaven on earth?

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by CT10ring, Oct 11, 2018.

1. CT10ring

CT10ring Gold $$ Contributor

Hello, fellow shooters-

After living for many years in the northeast US (yes there are some things to like there), I retired
    and took a chance - bought a cabin in central Idaho. yeah - its dam remote. Just want to say how great it is to be here, and if you like to shoot, be among like minded souls, this may be the place.

Got a haircut - the gal barber, 25, shoots a 7mm-08. Elk tags - done.
    The Wells Fargo branch manager, gal, shoots elk w a .243. My neighbor is a guide.

Got new tires for winter and the fellow installing tires is a serious pistol and LR rifle shooter. Deputy Sheriff also getting new tires - rocking 2 nice sidearms. No blueing left on his 1911 slide, I noticed.

I'm south of Challis ID, on the East Fork of the Salmon River. I have stepped back to a time to when men and women were and are self sufficient. If you are nearby, I'd be glad to hear from you.

Here's a pic from my road.

Attached Files:

mikeinct, B Nettesheim, MQ1 and 30 others like this.
  2. 1BAD284

1BAD284

A quote from the movie Jeremiah Johnson “ I told my ma’am and my Pap I was going to the mountains to become a mountain man, they looked at me as if they were gut shot, they says go here son here’s where the peoples is. I said mother Q the Rocky Mountains are the marrow of the world and by God I was right!” My friend you are living a dream that I have also had and may never obtain,enjoy your time there it is truly heaven on earth. I am also from the north east part of the country where the peoples are.

3. Cloudrepair

Cloudrepair Gold $$ Contributor

Agreed.
    Very nice.:D

mikeinct and CT10ring like this.
  4. IdahoSharpshooter

IdahoSharpshooter Gold $$ Contributor

You did NOT have to tell anybody...

Bully, Idaho-45, Don and 6 others like this.
  5. SPJ

SPJ Silver $$ Contributor

Hey Buddy""
    I was wondering where you been hiding.. Wife an I will be heading to Montana soon Hell we be neighbors. I'll send you a PM this weekend
    Jim

CT10ring likes this.
  6. Dgd6mm

Dgd6mm Silver $$ Contributor

My niece just moved from South Carolina to Idaho, she loves it. She is starting her life over. I'm a little envious of her and so glad she is happy.

7. Texas10

Texas10 Gold $$ Contributor

He didn't tell everybody, just the peoples that matter.:)

mikeinct, CT10ring, Dub and 3 others like this.
  8. riflewoman

riflewoman Gold $$ Contributor

Idaho is a great place. Good people everywhere.

9. Westhunder

Westhunder Please excuse typos, sent from my iPhone. Gold $$ Contributor

I felt the same way on my first trip to Montana. Counting the days until I can call it home.... heaven on earth! Beautiful view!

boltfluter and SPJ like this.
  10. rjtfroggy

rjtfroggy

The scenery is beautiful but wait until the dreaded snow starts to fall. Being in Ct. all my life and now getting older I'm tired of it My new dream is warm all year.
    The only thing I want to shovel that is white is sand from my patio back onto the beach.

CT10ring and pirate ammo like this.
  11. SPJ

SPJ Silver $$ Contributor

^^^ that what snow blowers are for

12. luckeeshot

luckeeshot Gold $$ Contributor

I too plan on moving to Idaho but I'll buy in Boise area ,the best part of Idaho it's not on the left coast

13. greisdor

greisdor Silver $$ Contributor

U really need two cabins - one up north and one in The south. Summer all year long and no SNOW BLOWER !

SPJ likes this.
  14. rjtfroggy

rjtfroggy

^^^ that what snow blowers are for[/QUOTE]

I'll bring mine with me so I won't need the shovel, just blow the sand back to the beach.

SPJ likes this.
  15. thekriebles

thekriebles Silver $$ Contributor

sounds like you landed very well, and beautiful scenery too!

16. pat fulghum

pat fulghum ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Gold $$ Contributor

Lived in Boise for 25 year, then Seattle area for 6 years .... and now I'm back in Boise.

Challis / Salmon area is truly a wonderful place, but the winters are pretty harsh.

-pat

17. steve123

steve123

That Alpine Wyoming, Star valley, and Swan valley Idaho area were almost unbelievable last spring, so green and lush!!!!!!!!!!! So far it's my favorite place on earth.

I live in northern AZ which is also nice in it's own way. This summer it was nice because it was a wet here, and it was green from July on, but we had a horrible drought in the spring and it was ugly out.

I want to sell my place and move to Idaho but the wife is still working.

Ultimately I'd like to live in Florida in the winter for the fishing and warm weather and in Idaho 9 months out of the year.

Maybe when my old Ma who lives here passes on, there won't be much holding me back at that point.

Sometime the grass can be greener, lol

18. ngb1787

ngb1787 Silver $$ Contributor

I spend my summers in that part of the west. Nothing like it and people are real people!

mikeinct and riverwolf1 like this.
  19. alinwa

alinwa

yeahh.... Colorado was great once too....then John Denver started singing about it....

mikeinct, Evan, riverwolf1 and 5 others like this.
  20. Peebles24

Peebles24 Gold $$ Contributor

Looks absolutely beautiful, to bad it gets so cold i want 70+ degrees year round. Im a sissy.