Idaho gunsmith

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by RW, Jun 14, 2014.

1. RW

RW Gold $$ Contributor

I would like to know if any one in the Treasure valley area of Idaho who does accuracy gunsmithing that could be recommended, Thanks RW

2. Phil

Phil

Send Boltfluter, Paul, a PM he is in Meridian and can either help out or recommend some one.....

There is another person I have spoken with, but he is in Eastern Id. Evan he goes by Dasher, I know for sure he builds guns and have heard lots of good things...

Phil.

3. RW

RW Gold $$ Contributor

Thanks skipper, will do, RW

4. riverwolf1

riverwolf1

Agree with skiper, Wayne does a fine job of chambering and building rifles.

5. s100whunter

s100whunter

another would be Karl Feldkamp,does very good work

6. shooterjon

shooterjon

Sure Shot Precision Rifles,Talk to Norbert:208-830-4844 He built my 6 BR and I came in 4th in Sacramento Two Gun.
    This Guy builds many opf the bench rest rifles in the treasure Vally and surrounding areas.His Work is Meticulous ,even better is his shooting skill and understanding.

7. prwhite

prwhite Silver $$ Contributor

TLC Gunworks.

Charliemac and Doug Beach like this.
  8. Doug Beach

Doug Beach Silver $$ Contributor

I’ll second this one. Weiser ID.

9. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

Paul aka boltfluter is in Haynes Oregon, least ways he was a few months ago.

boltfluter likes this.
  10. butchlambert

butchlambert Site $$ Sponsor

I have used Karl Feldkamp for several years for various things. Karl is an extremely nice guy, honest, and competitively priced.
    http://www.kampfeldcustom.com/ I started using him when he was in Michigan.

11. IdahoSharpshooter

IdahoSharpshooter Gold $$ Contributor

Karl is in Sandpoint area. That's about 450 miles north of Boise.

Norbert Cospa is in Boise.

12. butchlambert

Rich, do they not have USPS or UPS in Sandpoint.
    No, I don't know where Treasure Island happens to be.

ND shooter likes this.
  13. IdahoSharpshooter

butchie,

Treasure Valley. That's what they call the Boise valley. The Sandpoint area is the HQ of the Neo Nazi/White Supremacist groups.

If I have to mail a firearm for work, it generally adds two weeks and two hundred dollars to the cost, over just driving 15 minutes to Norbert's shop. Thirty minutes if I stop at the burger joint a block from his shop and get us each a killer 1/2lb burger, fries, and a giant coke zero.

14. butchlambert

Richie, My point is, you can ship a rifle anywhere for the cost of fuel and time most times. $100 each way? Never paid that much, but maybe my customs are not as nice as yours. I don't own a Jag a were either. 2 weeks? What good gunsmith will be able to drop everything and do your work within that week? I very seldom have to have anybody do my work, but if I need something, I ship it to the best I can afford and am patient with them.

ND shooter likes this.
  15. IdahoSharpshooter

Butch,

could be that I insure rifles for loss. I owned Elmer Keith's Sharps rifle for several years, then sold it to a gentleman in Denver. I insured it for $5500. Cost me over $230 to ship and insure. USPS still managed to break the butt stock at the wrist. Four months on a denied claim until a call to my US Senator sorted things out. The Postmaster General did not appreciate a phone call from him; but got the claim paid in less than a week. I don't own very many custom rifles that cost less than $4K. Do you?

The road from here to Sandpoint is a poorly maintained two lane. Eight hours under normal conditions.

The gunsmiths I have used in this area are usually glad to have company that does not interfere with their work. Especially one that brings food.

The old jag a were made two more trips to St Louis this year without incident other than issues with overzealous LEOs.

16. butchlambert

Richie,typical post from you, yours is bigger than mine post. I've never had to call my "US Senator" for help. I pack mine well enough that after many many transfers the only claim that I had was a New Hermes engraver. The local USPS store said they would pack and ship it. It was damaged when delivered. They refused the claim as it wasn't packed properly. Kinda funny as they packed and shipped it. I did get the money for my buddy that received it. He was happy as he received a big check and fixed it himself for $100. It was Tom Knapp's brother. in Roundup, Mt.
    I do have a couple nice customs and a few by so called name folks. Some of my rifles have been posted on this forum, If you are capable of doing a search you can see photos.

ND shooter likes this.
  17. Phil

Phil

I believe he was in Idaho 4 years ago, when I posted the reply, he has since moved.

boltfluter likes this.
  18. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

That part I missed

19. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE Gold $$ Contributor

Even if the gunsmith is 15mins down the road you should ship it somewhere. That way youre not tempted to go “visit”. As much as you think they love for you to drop in and check on progress and chew the fat a while they really would rather make money and stay or get caught up. Each visit costs a half day of productivity in reality.

boltfluter, KMart and ND shooter like this.
  20. KMart

KMart Gold $$ Contributor

Same as your car repair guy. To make a living, he keeps you out of the work bays so he can work.