IBS members poll

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by tom, Jan 13, 2018.

?

Approve only one

1. LR 2

2. LR 3

3. LR 4

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

Attached below are the agenda items (must be present to vote) voted on today(1-13-2018). I'm curious to how most long range members would vote on LR 2,3&4. There seems to be this politicking over damn SOY points, and so there for, the "range sharing" issue is a hot topic. I understand there were only 11 long range shooters even present to vote.....Hmmmm, I wonder why, probably because there is exactly zero 1000 yard IBS ranges in the state they hold the meeting in! So since they CAN'T get out of the stone ages, I am starting this "pole". 1000 yard shooters, please read the LR 2, LR 3, and LR 4 agenda items and vote here. Yes I know how the vote went, yes I disagree.... So I guess that makes 12 whole opinions heard;)

I will start it out.

LR 2 - oppose

LR 3 - oppose

Reasons...LR 3 is in violation of IBS bylaws(also attached below), in that it is not "uniform". No sane person would exempt "one club" from following the rules anyways:D.

LR 4 - approve

Reasons...Now I don't really have a dog in the fight, but want to not restrict shooting opportunities. Either 2 or 4 are uniform, so I wouldn't be upset either way.

Tom

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. retired

retired

lets just say i was very surprised that you guys joined ibs.

ZERO intent to listen to members. zero intent to move out of the stone age.

dmoran and gunsandgunsmithing like this.
  3. dmoran

dmoran Gold $$ Contributor

Question: where did this LR3 come from?
    Just like a week ago I read the Agenda Items for the meeting on the IBS website's News, and it was not listed.
    Donovan

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    gunsandgunsmithing likes this.
  4. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

It was in the update on January 10th. So like 2 days - 2hrs before the "must be present" vote;).

Tom

gunsandgunsmithing likes this.
  5. dmoran

@tom
    Just went to the IBS website, and your right: a new update January 10, 2018..... Wow

HOLLY... SLIPPING ONE IN... BATMAN !.!.!

If that doesn't raise suspicion, what does?
    Donovan

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    DT, Jason Boersma, tom and 1 other person like this.
  6. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

So how did the vote go?

7. DT

DT

We be mushrooms!

dmoran likes this.
  8. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

LR 3 is the one that passed, and will be voted on by the entire membership next year. You'd think as one of only eight match directors in the whole country, you'd have a clue what's going on;)

Tom

dmoran and Hoodoo like this.
  9. Alex Wheeler

I focus on trying to GROW the sport. This vote does the opposite. Some times it helps to step back and look at whats best for the IBS rather than personal goals. Its no fun shooting by yourself.

Raythemanroe, WyleWD, BT1 and 2 others like this.
  10. BT1

BT1 Gold $$ Contributor

I agree with Alex and that was the primary reason I stepped up to become a match director and start 600 yard IBS matches here at Manatee. We also have (had, will have) the opportunity to also hold 1000 yard matches. Most all rules seem reasonable. A few exceptions, but I feel it is what you have comply with if you want the matches to count for something. Will likely just revert back to club matches for the summer, but will continue to post the results here. That peer group review may count for more than any IBS ranking;). Steve

Comrade Terry likes this.
  11. bkluke

bkluke

Wow, we can cast a vote on here. Maybe the IBS can figure out some sort of online voting. lol

Jet, dmoran and gunsandgunsmithing like this.
  12. dmoran

Brian-
    You being a match director for the IBS1000 at GRRC, were you aware of LR3?
    Donovan

13. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

Two clubs holding matches on one range seems like a way of gaming the points system. They do it in other sports, rimfire for one. I know of at least one range that holds two matches, back to back and on the same days. They do have separate match directors and I assume, officers.

They don't hide it. They call it double points matches, or something to that effect.

I'm not advocating for or against it, just pointing out what it is.

I can see temporary exceptions if a range closes, until end of season or until another range can be located. A range may have to relocate, for example.

dmoran likes this.
  14. bkluke

bkluke

No, I was not, but not surprised to see the IBS throwing something in at the last minute to get their personal agendas in under the radar. Seems to be the norm every year.

15. dmoran

I've been under the impression that for IBS600, are not able to have more then 1 club per range already.
    The reason I say this is, I'm aware a few years ago that the Columbus, WI range asked to have a 2nd club hold matches there, which was rejected and were told that it wasn't allowed in IBS600 (unlike IBS1000).
    Donovan

16. Alex Wheeler

That is a little different. I can see how that would rub people wrong. But for example the Florida club, they have good weather year round, no other close matches to shoot and they will be restricted to 5 matches per year? Hard to drop the money to get into a sport and only be able to shoot 5 times. Id think it would be encouraged for them to have another club and shoot the other half of the year. More matches, more shooters in my experience. Like most things in life its not fair. We are in Mt and have a big disadvantage in points, I have not heard a single bitch out of these guys here.

17. dmoran

@bkluke
    I hear ya.... think Doug (@DT) has it right: were just mushrooms

Jet likes this.
  18. nc600shooter

nc600shooter Gold $$ Contributor

Donovan
    All I am saying is the rules should be the same for all

gunsandgunsmithing and dmoran like this.
  19. dmoran

^^^^ +1 ... I agree

20. DT

DT

Alex, no club is restricted to only 10 matches per year. A club can hold as many or as few as they want to, the only restriction is that only the first 10 matches count toward the gas can trophy.

gunsandgunsmithing and dmoran like this.