IBS 1000 YD competators PLEASE READ !!!!

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by mikegaiz, Dec 6, 2018.

1. One Shot One Thrill

One Shot One Thrill Gold $$ Contributor

Yes Sir that his true and when the man running the matches became ill and could no longer manage his club we stopped. I feel there is a new group of Fl. Shooters that would live to start a 1k club at Cool Acres but alas that is reserved for only 1

2. One Shot One Thrill

Mike,
    I'm not complaining merely posting facts.

3. mikegaiz

mikegaiz Stay frosty, my friend. Silver $$ Contributor

Most of the VA. club members drive an average of 4 hours each way to shoot at Harry Jones. We have tried to use 4 other ranges with no luck.

reevesWV Iceman likes this.
  4. reevesWV Iceman

reevesWV Iceman

I think a lot of people don't know that the Virginia club tried to rent another 1000 yard range and tried to hold two matches there, but it didn't work out. Hawks Ridge and Thunder Valley were out of the IBS for a couple years; Missouri used to have three 1000 yard ranges and Iowa had a 1000 yard range. Things happen.

Stan Taylor likes this.
  5. One Shot One Thrill

I feel your pain. I'm all for more shooters I promise. This being the case why can't any other range do the same thing host more than 1 club? I'm having trouble digesting this.

Jesswil61 and mikegaiz like this.
  6. bcarico

bcarico Silver $$ Contributor

It's pretty simple ... fair is fair and rules are rules.. having two clubs at one range does not increase interest in the sport or grow members... but in this case it does give the shooters at this range an unfair advantage in the number of matches that can be shot ... and I don't care how many matches they can shoot ... but it is unfair to say that this is the only range where that is allowed.

Jesswil61, Wooten, 22DASHER and 2 others like this.
  7. DT

DT

If ranges are only permitted to hold IBS sanctioned matches for one IBS Club for its 1000 yard SOY matches with NO EXCETIONS that would not mean the VA club could not hold sanctioned matches at Harry Jones with shooters eligible to set records and win matches, shootoffs etc. It would simply prevent shooters from "double-dipping" SOY points at one location.

holstil, bkluke and dmoran like this.
  8. reevesWV Iceman

reevesWV Iceman

Show me where a person who has been Shooter of the Year has only shot one or two ranges. I'll bet it has been three or more. Closer to four or five ranges.

Stan Taylor likes this.
  9. alf

alf Silver $$ Contributor

Add up the SOTY winners the last several years that has shot Harry Jones more than ten times in a season.....

10. mikegaiz

mikegaiz Stay frosty, my friend. Silver $$ Contributor

There is a very small number of guys that GIVE A SHIT about SOY, Why don't they start their own SOY club? and leave the rest of us alone to just enjoy shooting, This is getting just plain stupid.

tmwinds, slap shot and dmoran like this.
  11. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

I really feel whoever wrote that agenda sure screwed the pooch. If you would have left out the "grandfather clause crap", you'd of had everything you need to keep sharing that range. It's the clause in and of itself that I can't and won't vote for. Rewrite it and I believe you will have no problems getting the votes. I can not vote anything but NO to this agenda the way it stands. I do feel you are an obvious independent club, and SHOULD be able to shoot however.

Tom

12. alf

alf Silver $$ Contributor

Because this is the very essence of the ballot.....

LR3: “One Club/One Range with Exceptions” in 1000 yard competition, 1000 yard Ranges and Clubs

Ranges are only permitted to hold IBS sanctioned matches for one IBS Club for its 1000 yard matches, noting that:
    • The Virginia 1000 Yard Benchrest Club is grandfathered and is not subject to this rule.
    • By action of the Long Range Committee, and with agreement by the Executive Board, this one range/one club rule may be waived in order to allow more than one club to use the same range if there is a reasonable expectation that it will lead to growth of the 1000 yard discipline. However, the second club at the range must be a distinct club with distinct officers running its own matches, not a clone of the other club.
    • The Long Range Committee is required, to the best of its ability, to establish a 1000 yard Shooter of the Year points system that minimizes geographical advantage.

LA50SHOOTER and dmoran like this.
  13. JMayo

JMayo

I guess I'm not gonna get an answer.
    It seems I'm in the minority here.
    I want 2 clubs at each range 600 & 1k.

So I vote "No" on each ? The only reason I'm asking it's that I sure don't want to vote against the ranges I shoot at.
    The language on the ballot lends toward the "suggested" lean..... Imo

dmoran likes this.
  14. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

15. Longrangelefty

Longrangelefty

There is an even smaller group that GIVE A SHIT about your little clubs agendas. You think the name calling and talking down to people is getting you anywhere other than showing your true colors?

16. reevesWV Iceman

reevesWV Iceman

We all should support each other. There is only one IBS thousand yard club that draws more than 30 shooters. That makes all the other's " Little Clubs " Only about 20% of shooters from one club attend another clubs matches.

gn1000 likes this.
  17. Longrangelefty

Longrangelefty

More than happy to support if it were welcomed by all. I think we both know that some clubs would just rather stay their normal 16 members. I enjoy seeing you Bill, not a better shooter out there and your smart ass mouth is always fun to be around. There are 8-10 people that would travel and support a lot of clubs. So if we are feeling so supportive, why not support everyone equally? 2 clubs for every range is extremely supportive. Don’t you think? Also I wasn’t referring to the club as little.

Hoodoo and SouthGAnightmare like this.
  18. reevesWV Iceman

reevesWV Iceman

I'd like to see more than one 1000 yard club be able to rent the same location. It's going to be hard for someone from the Midwest and Northwest to have a run at Shooter of the Year, because of lack IBS 1000 yard ranges.

Longrangelefty likes this.
  19. Longrangelefty

Longrangelefty

I concur, for the small list that give a shit. ;)

20. johara1

johara1

It is funny how you you guys argue over this and when Mississippi tried to start a range got absolutely zero help. In fact the long range committee changed the rules for the numbers needed from 2 to 8 to get points and it is still the only discipline that has this in the IBS. I just wonder who benefited from that? It sure was helping the IBS long range grow, it went belly up in a year, no support from the IBS or member participation. I see IBS clubs that didn't have the 8 IBS members get points.
    I see some here with their own axe to grind, and are envious of the way things are but if the shoe was on the other foot it would be ok. If any of you would have been at the Peacemaker range that VA.1000 tried to use, you wouldn't be talking this way...... jim

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    slap shot, Slngruki, Jet and 6 others like this.