I need info for Anschutz

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by MarkS, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Delfuego

Delfuego Silver $$ Contributor

Yep. I got to play with it at the Telluride match. The XLR guys sponsored that match and brought one with them last month. Very slick setup. Kyle at XLR is a heck of a machinist, his inlets are beautiful. I am glad the Anschutz NA guys are looking at this type of shooting to grow with. I don't think we are even on the radar for Anschutz Germany. If you can swing the cost of admission on it, you will likely be quite happy. I have run XLR chassis in the past and never had issues. Also another great company for customer service.

holstil likes this.
  2. mgkd

mgkd Silver $$ Contributor

Excellent info. Most appreciated! I have been trying to find a way to avoid the 1727 idea... seems to tick a lot of boxes: easy to operate bolt that allows the shooter to stay on target, great trigger, no ejection issues that I have heard of. Just the price... If ANA offered it in the Kelbly stock it would be amazing (GRS stock is good too but maybe a little awkward for support side stages).

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  3. MarkS

MarkS Silver $$ Contributor

I have been thru this with centerfire guns. I have 2 custom long range benchrest gun. My 2 rimfire guns shot 0.5" to 100yds. with Eley Target, Club, and Lapua CenterX. The type matches I shoot ( long range Steel ) is as much about reading the wind, and knowing your gun and ammo, also shooting from non benchrest position, ( prone, barricade, off hand ). I don't know if 0.1" to 0.2" will be worth $2000+. I don't know if I want to go down that rabbit hole myself. Just looking.

Thanks for all the info.

Mark

holstil likes this.
  4. FJIM

FJIM

MarkS I am not familiar with 22lr long range steel. How far do you shoot? What kind of targets ?

5. MarkS

I shoot a Extreme Silhouette match at my home club. We shoot rimfire silhouette at twice the range 200 yds. http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/extreme-range-silhouette.3923894/ Targets can range from 0.25" at 50 yds to 12" at 300yds. you can shoot KYL targets, know your limits, you miss you get 0 then you have matchsticks and card splitting.

Topstrap has a great looking match I want to get to.

It is anything goes. I have shot 1" target out to 150yds. I set 10" gong for sighter plate, then shoot 3" to 1" gongs at 150yds.

Mark

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  6. FJIM

FJIM

Thanks for the video looks like fun.

7. MarkS

8. jps2486

jps2486

I've been considering an Anschutz for quite some time now. Someone commented that the rifles with the 54 actions will hold their value, will sell easily and, of course, outshoot the 64s most of the time. That pushed me over the brink. I bought a 1710 BRS Hybrid.