I may be treading on thin ice.......but......

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Mark204, Jan 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nakneker

nakneker Gold $$ Contributor

To the OP, seems I’ve met people like you describe in just about every walk of life. The sooner you don’t allow people like that to get to you the better off you’ll be IMO. It’s like the guy who goes to the woods a couple times a month and every time he returns he saw either a 35 inch buck, a 400 inch bull, a pack of 13 coyotes or a albino bear and when you call BS he gets animated. Then two weeks later he does it again and spews more BS....He’s not gonna change so why bother.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Zero333 and Downhill like this.
  2. Someoldguy

Someoldguy Silver $$ Contributor

I didn't know you knew my neighbor. You left out the stories about the Black Panther, though. :rolleyes:

3. TheOtherZilla

TheOtherZilla

I left another site because a guy just like that was there spoutin his expertese..

4. BP1

BP1 Gold $$ Contributor

Damn Steve you mean to tell me you let me go on believing you worked in a donut shop how dare you..just kidding buddy thank you for your service

5. dickn52

dickn52 Silver $$ Contributor

Then again, that one might just be doing the countdown calendar. You old timers remember those in RVN. Kept mine in my helmet.

DirtySteve likes this.
  6. KMart

KMart Gold $$ Contributor

And you are "special" here, too:eek:

snakepit and snert like this.
  7. Meangreen

Meangreen

I can't speak to the other things this "other guy" said, but the countdown clock is real. I just had my anniversary date come and go at my job. I have 4 years 363 days till I tell them to pack sand and send my check to the house.

I know what you mean about these types of personaities on these sites. I left a site because the site owner himself is just such a tool, and he has his legion of fanboys that are so willing to pile on you to backup his nonsense.

I just bailed and came over here.:)

DirtySteve likes this.
  8. daleboy

daleboy Silver $$ Contributor

9. 284winner

284winner Gold $$ Contributor

One thing I and many of you guys on this forum have figured out a long time ago. The social media gives people a license to talk smack and insult and degrade others very easily. As many above have suggested, ignore and don't feed into it. My lack of will power has put me in the middle of some of this but I'm really working on it. I'm nobody to give advice since sometimes it becomes a baitpile for me but because that happens, it does make me see how ignorant it is to feed into it. Ignore button works great too.

10. Uthink Uknow

Uthink Uknow

IF it's true, spending time, I didn't saying working, in DOJ may just make you a paper pusher and bean counter. Get over it. There is no truth serum on the internet. I retired from a real job June 30, 1992. That doesn't make me old, just experienced. You're old only if you think you are.

11. dickn52

dickn52 Silver $$ Contributor

When I was a cop, we were taught by our 'seniors' to always watch the guy sitting in the back saying nothing. He you should fear. The mouth was a nothing burger.

12. Milo 2.0

Milo 2.0 Gold $$ Contributor

If you guys think there is any gun forum that remotely compares to a Facebook group, I'm here to tell you that you are out of touch. There is a group for everything form pink Mustang convertibles to 1911's with 8" barrels.

13. mikecr

mikecr

14. fredo

fredo Silver $$ Contributor

As stated above, its just the internet...don't sweat it!

Think of it this way, if everyone agreed all the time, boards would be nothing more than a faceless circle jerk. Doubt that'd be anyone's idea of fun?

Also, often times a 'disagreement' in a thread allows opinions to flow that may never have been shared otherwise. So long as things don't get personal, I think forums are both more interesting and more informative because of different or opposing viewpoints being hashed out. When the knowledge flows, everybody wins...

Members may not always think alike, but we are mostly all shooters and gun nuts, so that common ground will always be there to meet a member halfway on. If ya choose to, anyway!

Shoebox, dedogs and snert like this.
  15. Mulligan

Mulligan Gold $$ Contributor

Margret Thacher once said, “ Being a Lady is a lot like being a Leader, if you have to tell people, you probably aren’t.

I suppose it applies to “gunsmiths” also.
    CW

16. pirate ammo

pirate ammo Silver $$ Contributor

those that can,do,,those that can't end up being teachers,,all I can say ,is I've been on this earth 67 years and thats all that counts

hpshooter likes this.
  17. snert

snert Gold $$ Contributor

Mine was Sgt. "Mo' Better". Bad enough he once had a fox the size of a wolf jump over the hood of his patrol car, but he had the "authority" (Daddy was deputy Chief) to make you sit and listen! :mad:

DirtySteve and nakneker like this.
  18. Lone Hunter

Lone Hunter

19. TheOtherZilla

TheOtherZilla

Judge a man by what he does. Not by what he says he does.

Mulligan and Comrade Terry like this.
  20. Comrade Terry

Comrade Terry Gold $$ Contributor

Watch his feet, not his lips.

DirtySteve likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.