I just do not get it

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by dtucker, Feb 9, 2018.

1. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

But only if you do your part. :D:D:D

jimmymac likes this.
  2. jimmymac

jimmymac Silver $$ Contributor

That settles it. I'm getting one. Can't wait to pump some Winchester Silvertips through that thing.

300_whisper and hogpatrol like this.
  3. Joe Salt

Joe Salt Silver $$ Contributor

Hey I'll sell mine for $10'000 and I know it will out shoot any of those rifles.

Joe Salt

hogpatrol, jimmymac and JRS like this.
  4. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

If I were to buy one of those, I'd get the 6.5 Creedmoor. s-beat-dead-horse.gif

6MMsteve, 300_whisper and jimmymac like this.
  5. 284winner

284winner Gold $$ Contributor

6. 284winner

Like I stated, I have a between 1500-2500 in each of mine. That's not skimping on stock, trigger or barrel. John Peirce and a few others have chambered my barrels and the actions I find are takeoffs that I have a good gunsmith true up, if it actually requires it. No it may not be half the price of some gun builders but it's probably a third of the price of many others. Gunwerks for example without optics are easily 5000.00. Some higher. Possibly after purchasing a custom action and still doing the build, you may be close to half but under for sure. You definitely sound like you are doing it right and I will say not being a competitor, I cannot comment on REAL accuracy as those guys see it.

7. Steve Ladino

Steve Ladino Silver $$ Contributor

Some folks have plenty of what's called mad money.....if they want a 6 k Remington then so be it. We all learn from our mistakes......best to get them involved I think.

284winner likes this.
  8. jimmymac

jimmymac Silver $$ Contributor

I had a guy trying to sell me a 20 Vartarg varmint gun. He said it shot low 2's all the time. Inquiring a bit further, I discovered that his method of scoring left a bit to be desired since he was throwing away the flyer on every 5 shot group.

9. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew

thats an example of buying your way into being a top gunsmith shop. theres huge overhead there between the employees, commercials, show sponsorships, brand new cnc machines and the marketing showing theyre the best. all that is big money.

10. butchlambert

butchlambert Site $$ Sponsor

Keyboard shooters are wearing out this thread ain't they?

dave@aDave and shortgrass like this.
  11. 284winner

Hahahaha... No offense. From what I hear, your worth every penny.

12. butchlambert

butchlambert Site $$ Sponsor

Sir,
    I'm cheap as I only do my own work.

snert likes this.
  13. 284winner

Well I sure hear alot of positive posts about your work.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  14. CubCouper

CubCouper Silver $$ Contributor

On the other end of the scale, I once posted a new 6.5x47L on a Bat VR with all the top accessories that never got hint of interest at $3400... maybe I should have pitched it as a "rem clone", or just quadrupled the price.

15. brians356

brians356 Gold $$ Contributor

He has a point. You certainly can affix too low a price to something. If the guitars are as good as you suggest, you probably should be charging more for them. (I don't build 'em, but I repair and refret them as a sideline, on a word-of-mouth basis, and have a collection of valuable vintage guitars. I have studied under a well-known builder in the Tahoe area.)
    -

16. brians356

Nevada's a big state. There's plenty of open BLM land to shoot (and hunt) on that's a lot cooler in summer than southern NV. When you get up to the NV/ID border, you're only one state away from Canada! OTOH we have a winter in the northern part, and can get a lot of snow. (After all "Nevada" means "snow-covered", and not just the mountains.)
    -

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    ms6852 likes this.
  17. 300_whisper

300_whisper Gold $$ Contributor

snert, joshb, hogpatrol and 1 other person like this.
  18. brians356

What it is.
    20180303_081646.jpg
    20180303_081626.jpg
    -

19. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

June?:p

20. Webphut

Webphut

Its a few things:

1.Companies have caught onto the whole name brand recognition thing that was started by McDonald's & Starbuck's. People pay for brand recognition! Remington 700 or an unheard of Bartlen

2.Many people that do not know their own shortcomings and own capabilities when shooting, are lead to believe that the more they spend, the more accurate/precise they will shoot. The gunsmith/dealer/manufacture is in an advantaged spot in this situation. Unfortuneatly, many gun enthusiast do not know that $800 rifle with the $1200 optic and trigger time could result in very good accuracy.

3. The media drives up the trend and or fashion of accuracy
    My now 11 year old daughter, when she was 9, thought she could hunt elephant with an Uzi, a lion with a 100 caliber pistol, ....thanks to a Dinosaur hunting game. The movie "Shooter", "sniper"...all good examples of the rising costs, demands for over the counter cures for innacuracy.

(Casually speaking here) No one wants to "eat the fruits of our labor",

I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!

lol

6MMsteve, hogpatrol and 1BAD284 like this.