Hydro dipping service

Discussion in 'Gun Project Questions & Gunsmithing' started by Jesswil61, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Jesswil61

Jesswil61 Gold $$ Contributor

Looking for someone that can provide hydro dipping service on one benchrest stock, base coat is done and I have the film to be used. Just need dip and clearcoat.

2. Greyfox

Greyfox Gold $$ Contributor

3. 1shot

1shot

Do a search on here. I posted some pics from a hydrodip job, but don't have the info handy. It's in Bucyrus, Ohio if that helps.

Lloyd

4. Jesswil61

Jesswil61 Gold $$ Contributor

Thanks for the replies, I am surprised there are not more options.

5. tobnpr

tobnpr

I bought a bunch of "stuff" to do it years back from Ozark, still have it...
    I figured after doing more research that it was more of a "DIY" market, so I just stick with Cerakote.

I suspect that may be why there's not many that do it commercially. All you need is a tub of water...hell, check Youtube, there's a lot of people that do it by simply spraying rattle can paint on top of the water and dipping the stock.

Most shops that do it in volume, have huge tanks and specialized equipment that can do very large items like ATV frames, etc., that can't easily be done by DIY'ers.

Professionally done, will most likely be better results than an inexperienced person can get DIY (esp. with a more difficult stock or pattern), but it's not all that difficult to get acceptable results with a little practice/experimentation.

6. DBerry2043

DBerry2043 Gold $$ Contributor

blackicecoatings.com I know first hand....they do great work

7. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

I had evelio mcdonald do one for me. Its the 3rd or 4th one ive had done and wouldnt do anymore. It just looks too cheap even when the best shop available does it such as this one he sent to one of the biggest/best reputation shops that do all of winchester/browning stocks.
    178C4566-AA88-46F9-9EE1-4BBB3B4DEECE.jpeg

8. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

9. Cory porter

Cory porter Silver $$ Contributor

Same place that did mine. Not the best results I’ve seen but for the price, not bad.

10. 1shot

1shot

Here is the work I had done. I have absoluty no grips at all. BTW, he charged me $95.00 and was done inside 2 weeks.
    Thanks,

Lloyd flag1.JPG flag1.JPG Flag2.JPG