Hunting

Discussion in 'Varminter & Hunting Forum' started by rwk, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Bill K

Bill K Silver $$ Contributor

Deer/archery, some zones with rifle, Pronghorn, grouse, mountain quail, all starting up at various dates, over the next couple months.

2. painter

painter Gold $$ Contributor

You Sir all a real hunter, I would not put forth that effort I guess I have softened, hope your hips improves.

3. rammac

rammac

Yup, three people went to the hospital yesterday from two different attacks in the same general area (about 30 miles southeast from my house).

4. SPJ

SPJ Gold $$ Contributor

Cotton wood creek in the Gravely mts?

5. MikeT49

MikeT49 Gold $$ Contributor

When I was just a nubbin at Deer camp in Northern Wisconsin, Chet, one of the old farts, used to say: "There's only two seasons: Deer Season and Waiting for Deer Season."

338 dude and okie like this.
  6. rammac

rammac

Looks like it.

7. rammac

rammac

I just saw a picture of two of the guys that claim that they were attacked. There are no details of what actually happened and I'm a little confused by seeing that only one guy had any marks on him and they were pretty minor; a split lip and a bruise on his forehead, kinda like the injuries that you get from falling down, not being attacked by a grizzly. I'm wondering if the so called attack to these two guys was actually a curious bear or a bear that simply did a fake charge, rather than actually an attack.

8. SPJ

SPJ Gold $$ Contributor

Humm
    My coworkers friend is going through his third surgery this morning so different incidents apparently, we heard about two

9. okie

okie Gold $$ Contributor

nubbin---havent heard that in a while--grandpa called em that...

338 dude likes this.
  10. SPJ

SPJ Gold $$ Contributor

Here’s a message from Dale my coworker. (Pictured below)
    He’s sorry about them other two pilgrims but his Buddies a tough SOB and an experienced hunter.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  11. 338 dude

338 dude Silver $$ Contributor

I haven’t used a climber in a while and I’ve gotten where I actually enjoy just sitting at the base of a tree preferably on a little higher ground and watching below easy and peaceful hopefully you can get back a little hunt time and progress from there

12. Barlow

Barlow Silver $$ Contributor

Bear hunters are at it here in Wisconsin. Deer bow season and grouse season is on, but it's too damn hot to hunt. Barlow

338 dude likes this.