How to Post and Size PHOTOS

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Forum Boss, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

We like people to post pictures of their rifles and reloading tools. It is now easier than every to post photos on our Message Boards.

EASY UPLOAD for image on your hard-drive

DRAG and DROP is here. Yes, you can simply drag a photo from a folder on your computer into the post entry screen and it will appear there.

Then select whether you want the post to appear full-size or as a thumbnail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

COPY and PASTE is also possible with our new software. Start by finding a photo on your computer. Open the photo with your default image program, then use the command to "COPY" (this may be in the Edit commands). Then put your cursor in the Forum window for a new message. Now Right Click and select "PASTE". After you do this, look down a few inches and choose either "Full Image" or "Thumbnail". Simple as that! (NOTE: With some systems you can Right Click to "COPY" but with other systems you must use the "COPY" command in the program that displays your images.)

UPLOAD File with Upload Button

If you're not comfortable dragging a photo (this may be difficult with a smartphone), you can still embed an image into a post by clicking a button. Click the "upload file" button, then select an image from a location on your computer.

[​IMG]

After the file uploads, select "Full Image" or "Thumbnail". This will place the image inside your post. Then Click "Post Reply" and you're done.
    ----------

Using a Web-hosted picture

1. Go to www.tinypic.com . Select "Choose" to select a file from your hard drive.

2. Click "UPLOAD NOW". This puts your picture on the internet and takes you to a page with a lot of different lines of codes.

3. With your mouse, Highlight and Copy the SECOND line to the left of the uploaded picture thumbnail. This is labeled "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards". To copy, right-click the mouse when the text is highlighted or just click the BLUE "Copy" button). Your image will appear in the size you uploaded. Be sure to grab ALL the text in the "IMG" line, starting with [I M G] and ending with [/I M G]. If you use the COPY Button, it will grab all the text you need.

4. Go back to the Forum board where you were writing your message. Paste the line you copied from Tinypic.com. Make sure it starts with [I M G] and ends with [/I M G].

5. If you've already hosted a picture on the web, say on your personal web page or photo host, first get the URL. You can find that by right-clicking the photo and selecting "properties".

Now go to the Message Board entry window. You'll see a small icon that looks like a picture frame, to the right of the happy face. Click that icon. It will ask you for the "Image URL". Type in the URL of the picture. Our software will automatically add the [I M G] tags.

6. Now finish writing your post and click "Post Message."

PICTURE SIZES -- Please RE-SIZE Before Uploading
    Do NOT upload huge multi-megabyte photos right from your camera. Hi-Rez photos are way too big for the internet. Large files will cause problems with our servers. We strongly urge you to resize your photos to 800 pixels width BEFORE you upload. This should bring the file size below 300kb.

If you need to resize your photos, you can download FREE software called "Irfanview". This can crop, re-size, and color correct. GET Irfanview here: http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm .

2. short range

short range

I have a MacBook Pro laptop, so I'm not sure what download to use when I went to the site listed to resize picture. Could anyone help me with that ? When i try to list pictures , I get the message : file is too large

3. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

You can resize photos with the resident iPhoto program.

If you want something more powerful (capable of adding layers, text etc.) you can use the FREE GIMP software. See: http://www.gimp.org/macintosh/

4. fdshuster

fdshuster

The Irfanview software (free) has worked great for me. Posting picture attachments is a snap. ;)

5. Joe O

Joe O

Test pics

Attached Files:

6. answerman

answerman

Webster:

You should be able to post a spreadsheet as long as it has an xls extention. If your spreadsheet has a different extention you may have a problem. Let me know if continue to have problems.

Jeff

7. Webster

Webster

I have Office 2007. It saves with a .XLSX extension. I will try again with the .XLS extension.

8. SGB1672

SGB1672

Test Pic

Attached Files:

9. Road_Clam

Road_Clam

You can also resize photos using Paint.

1) right click on your desired image file, scroll up to "open with" , then click on "Paint"

2) 2nd group of options at the top ribbon you will see "resize" click on that.

3) In the "resize and skew" window you can begin to reduce the size of the image by incrementally decreasing the precentage size of the image. So if you have an initial image size that is say 200kb (which is detailed in the file properties at the bottom of the screen) , and the limit is 160kb try decreasing the value from 100% down to 70% and click "OK". You will now see the decreased kb size of the file at the bottom of your screen. Keep adjusting the percentage value down (or also up) until you get slightly under the max allowable image size.

Note: You only have to enter a value in the "horizontal" box, the program automatically adjusts the vertical value . (always keep the "Maintain aspect ratio" box checked)

Hope this was helpful !

lawman29 and ROCKJAG4 like this.
  10. Mr.270win

Mr.270win

Test

Attached Files:

11. Nude nut

Nude nut

Test

Attached Files:

12. Footsore

Footsore

Test

Attached Files:

edw likes this.
  13. Webster

Webster

You can d/l "Image J" photo editing software FREE from the National Institute of Health (NIH). A version for every operating system.

http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/download.html

14. Gabe22BR

Gabe22BR Gold $$ Contributor

15. mike a

mike a

I tried Infanview. Won't download to my iPhone 4s. Little help please.

16. mike a

mike a

Did this work?

Attached Files:

17. Gabe22BR

Gabe22BR Gold $$ Contributor

I used photo bucket.

Forum Boss: Whatevery you tried didn't take. There was no image code in your message. Suggest you try the "drag and drop" option.

NOTE: after you drag in a photo, look BELOW the message frame. There you will see TWO options -- full image or thumbnail. Select as you prefer.

18. dogdude

dogdude Egan O'Brien Gold $$ Contributor

test 1-2 014.JPG

Attached Files:

• 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      File size:
      388.2 KB
      Views:
  19. ROCKJAG4

ROCKJAG4 PAYPAL--JGRAZIANO@ECHOES.NET

THANKS, I FINALLY HAVE A WAY TO POST PICS. THANKS THANKS, THANKS.YOUR WAY WORKS FOR ME, THANKS.LOL.

20. Killick

Killick Silver $$ Contributor

You can use Preview on your MacBook. Crop it with the Toolbox and then resize it with the "Resize" button. It will tell you the size as you resize it. Save to Desktop and...Bob's your uncle.