HOW to POST an AD with PHOTOS (Read and Learn!)

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, Sights, Rings, Bases Etc.' started by Forum Boss, Jun 10, 2010.

Trader History (3)
  1. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

Click "Post New Thread" in the Classifieds Zone.
    The Blue Post New Thread button is at the upper right, above the first Classified Thread.

Title your advert, and type the text of your advert in the message box.

Now you're ready to add one or more pictures. There are two ways to do this.

GET IMAGE From Your Computer

It is easy to post photos of your rifles, stocks, and other sale itesm. It is now easier than every to post photos on our Message Boards.

EASY UPLOAD for image on your hard-drive

Drag and Drop is here. Yes, you can simply drag a photo from a folder on your computer into the post entry screen and it will appear there.

Then select whether you want the post to appear full-size or as a thumbnail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UPLOAD File with Upload Button

If you're not comfortable dragging a photo (this may be difficult with a smartphone), you can still embed an image into a post by clicking a button. Click the "upload file" button, then select an image from a location on your computer.

[​IMG]

After the file uploads, select "Full Image" or "Thumbnail". This will place the image inside your post. Then Click "Post Reply" and you're done. We recommend that the first image be a "FULL IMAGE". That will help people see your product immediately.

----------

HOW to POST a Web-Hosted Picture

If you have already uploaded a photo to a webhost, such as Tinypic.com, you can embed that photo in your advert. Just get the URL from the photo host. Then click on the Image button in the window for making a post. This is the button just to the right of the smiley face. Click the button and then paste the URL in the field.

Now finish writing your post and click "Post Reply."

IMPORTANT -- ABOUT PICTURE SIZES

Please keep your images to 800 pixels wide at the most. This will make it easier for others to read the boards. There is no need for a photo more than 1000 pixels wide or tall.

If you need to resize your photos, you can download FREE software called "Irfanview". This can crop, re-size, and color correct. GET Irfanview here: http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm .

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  2. bpmoss1

bpmoss1 Silver $$ Contributor

Trying to post pic to my ad keeps telling me file is too large for server. Doing all this on smart phone. Take pic and try uploading from my gallery. What can I do?

3. Frosty

Frosty

You have insufficient privileges to post here.) Why am I getting this message. I want to post a scope for sale. How do I do it.

4. boltfluter

boltfluter Gold $$ Contributor

You can't join and post items for sale on the same day. Helps keep scammers away. Not sure what the waiting time is. Someone will come along with more info.

Paul

5. centershot

centershot Silver $$ Contributor

So you have to be a contributor to post?

6. boltfluter

boltfluter Gold $$ Contributor

I don't believe so. Just may be a small waiting period before you can post. You can thank the scanners for this. Hopefully admin will have more info for you.

Paul

www.boltfluting.com

7. Gunner2141

Gunner2141

Did they have an answer for why you couldn't post items?

8. Gunner2141

Gunner2141

How long is the waiting period before i can post to the classifieds?