How’s This for a Group?

Discussion in '6mm, 6.5mm, and .25 Cal (Not 6BR)' started by BartsBullets, Jun 24, 2019.

1. BartsBullets

BartsBullets Gold $$ Contributor

I shot that group a hair over 3400.

Jim Esarey likes this.
  2. Jim Esarey

Jim Esarey

Thanks Bart. I just acquired 3Lbs of LT-30 and Have a fairly new 1:14" ABC Barrel Chambered in 6PPC. I worked up loads with LT-32 and N133 for a 65gr flat base. The 133 shoots a tad more consistent than the LT-32 in this barrel. I am going to give LT-30 a fair try this week (In the Heat) and see how it performs.
    -Jim

3. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

To me, the lt powders seem to be pretty forgiving in the heat but it's hard to beat a well tuned 133 load/rifle. I still have not shot the lt30 in a ppc. I bet you can get it tuned up. You might try blending it with lt32, also.

Jim Esarey likes this.
  4. Jim Esarey

Jim Esarey

I have read posts of guys talking about it. Blending does intrigue me. Before I experiment I'll just try the straight LT-30 first. ;)

gunsandgunsmithing likes this.
  5. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

To be clear, most powders should not be blended. LT30 and 32 are exceptions to this. They blend nicely with each other.

Jim Esarey likes this.
  6. gasph

gasph Silver $$ Contributor

Awesome shooting Bart. Good to see you are still smashing records. That is a very tiny hole. You set the bar very high again.

BartsBullets likes this.