Here’s how the Red Flag scenario will happen.

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by JamesnTN, Aug 9, 2019.

1. mikecr

mikecr

This kind of patriotism is truly our only hope.

2. bsekf

bsekf

Exactly what do the Red Flag laws say? Does the accused get to face their accuser? Does the accuser have to have some kind of proof? Does the accused get notified that he has been accused and what he is accused of? Does the accused get a chance to defend himself? Who decides what kind of investigation (kick the door down at 2AM or call to make an appointment).

I believe this is a "States Right" issue. Hopefully the Feds will just offer some guidelines.

We still have a Constitution. I can't believe a judge and the police would put a middle of the night raid together on one persons complaint. I find it hard to believe the legislature would give the Judicial branch that kind of power.

Bill

pacificman likes this.
  3. pacificman

pacificman

What scares me is that many who take the "oath of office" to uphold the Constitution get elected then go against the very oath they said they would uphold! ...most are liberal of course but it is amazing how they seem to forget the very OATH they took!!! It seems they are getting away with this more and more. They should be held accountable for NOT upholding the Constitution!!!

4. bsekf

bsekf

Well, I read or attempted to read NYS Red Flag law. I urge you all to read it....Good Luck!

Once the Petitioner makes the Application for the Extreme Risk Protection Order(ERPO) the wheels of justice are set in motion and it appears to me as if it will be very hard for the Respondent to stop them. There is a Application for ERPO, then a Issuance of a Temporary ERPO, then a court hearing for Issuance of the Final ERPO. It is all pretty ambigious. Makes no mention about how these Orders will be delivered other than by "Law Inforcement". I believe it does say that before ALL your guns are conficated, you can transfer than to a third party. Somehow I have a feeling that will not be easy!

5. 22BRGUY

22BRGUY

A couple other terms that require questioning:

1) "Common sense gun control" or "Reasonable" gun control
    Question: Whose "Common sense"?? or Whose "Reason" Diane Feinstein's or Ben Franklin's??
    2) "ASSAULT" weapon or rifle??
    An "ASSAULT" is an "Actuon" or "Activity" isn't it???
    A loaded or unloaded weapon or rifle can lay on a table for oh say ….a thousand years by itself and NEVER "ASSAULT" ANYTHING OR ANYBODY.

BE CAREFUL OF TRICKY WORDS AND/OR PHRASES....THEY CAN SCREW UP HUMAN MINDS!!

6. Raythemanroe

Raythemanroe Bullet Whisperer Silver $$ Contributor

7. odie

odie Silver $$ Contributor

Seen this happen!
    A purely BS deal. The Judge eventually thru the case out, but with a lot of expence on the part of the falsely accused and damages to his custom guns. Pure hell

8. jdh47

jdh47 Silver $$ Contributor

Red Flag laws are a license for chicanery and a way to circumvent the Second Amendment. There are plenty of other ways to deal with a person that is deemed a threat.

mikeinct and Willie like this.
  9. Concha

Concha

10. ebb

ebb

The law is here. I twill be used as you said. If it were used very carefully it might be helpful once in a blue moon, but not often. Till it is repealed stay off of facebook. Don't talk to your neighbors.

300_whisper and Rube Shooter like this.
  11. Mike7.62

Mike7.62

Hide guns. Stay off social media. Trust no strangers or anyone with any leftard leanings, even "family".

12. JMayo

JMayo

I believe I heard NC's Governor says he hasn't seen a red flag law that didn't break the laws of the Constitution.

That's a good sign.
    Write your reps.

This rehashing & patrioting is useless.

mikeinct and 300_whisper like this.
  13. TheOtherZilla

TheOtherZilla

I don't like anyone....

joshb, wbm and 300_whisper like this.
  14. rr2030

rr2030

Like everyone here, I have been thinking about the problem, and it is a problem, that being these idiots with a desire to carry out these mass shootings and gun related crimes. So the question is, what should we do about it? We understand it's a cultural thing, and it's not going to go away over night no matter what legislation emerges from all this crap.

So being against having my rights trashed further, what should be done? Can't fix it over night right? So two things need to be addressed, one short term, as in we need something sooner than later, one long term, as in we need to change the trajectory of our culture back to the days these events were non existent.

When I ponder these events, or see a pregnant woman or elderly person standing in a subway car and younger men are seated nearby I think, this would never happen when I was younger. Have we PC'd and twittered our manors away ? I fondly recall when I was in 3rd or 4t grade and in Cub Scouts. My buddies and I earned our knife badge, then we're allowed to carry it always, including at school and this was accepted. However, along with being allowed to carry our pocket knives, we went to extraordinary effort to make sure we did not cause a problem with that knife. Sounds simple right? But the fundamental reason we behaved is because you would have been embarrassed and humiliated to have your knife privilege removed, you would have been a lesser person and we always wanted to prove we were capable of more responsibility. Just the way it worked back in 59.

Now no one gives a shit and everyone is a victim of anything but their own actions.

So short term / long term, what can be done?

SierraCJ5, 338 dude, mikeinct and 3 others like this.
  15. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

Ill be the first to get behind any legislation short of confiscation that would have prevented any of these attacks

spclark and Link like this.
  16. rr2030

rr2030

so short term we need more laws ? What laws? What can we put in motion right now, that might eliminate this behavior 20 years from now?

Stricter background checks
    Not esponging juvenile criminal and psyc records
    Research on affects psy drugs have had on youth in the past 40 years
    Ban first person violent video games
    Deter via heavy fees violence, use of firearms in movies
    Music held to PG 13 standards
    Apply all the above to the internet

How about our 1 A rights, should toss it out ?

The solution won't be easy.

17. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd Gold $$ Contributor

This is, of course, the very first question lawmakers should be asking about ANY proposed new gun control legislation..."Would a proposed new law have prevented any of the mass shootings that have occurred in the last 20 years?"

Unfortunately, the majority of anti-gun legislators are not interested in asking OR answering this question, because their agenda is all about disarming the public, not protecting them.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    D-4297, Dgd6mm, 22BRGUY and 1 other person like this.
  18. IdahoSharpshooter

IdahoSharpshooter Gold $$ Contributor

Except here in Idaho. Unlike some, you possibly (but hopefully not)included, who like to brag about their firearms collection, and preparations for a societal collapse. I have one neighbor who knows I have a shotgun for birdhunting. Your scenario assumes that any of that passes the Senate, and that Trump would sign a bill into law.
    Ask the dems why they do not call for a Constitutional Convention and introduce such a bill. Or, anything similar. Conservatives might introduce a bill calling for an amendment to require a balance budget that would be much more likely to pass.

It takes a complete idiot to even be on Facebook or any of those libtard places, or an Ego that cannot be controlled.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  19. spencerhenry

spencerhenry Silver $$ Contributor

Just because a Sheriff comes out against the red flag law, does not mean that they will not use it. My Sheriff wrote a letter that got national attention, he claimed to be against the red flag law. However, his office has already done stuff like this without the new law. I guarantee they will abuse it.

20. J.d. Popkes

J.d. Popkes Silver $$ Contributor

Give me an example of exactly what you’re comfortable with please.

GSS likes this.