Hazmat fees

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by muleman69, Jul 3, 2018.

1. retired

retired

again you have an issue with simple ENGLISH.
    no where did i say BORROW. just like i did not say TRANSFER.
    what i said was you can ship TO YOURSELF. that includes in care of a third party.
    what i said was that YOUR STATEMENT was wrong. my three examples PROVE your opinion is not the law.
    YOU CONTINUE TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT AND WORDS in order to tap dance around the FACT that you are WRONG.
    putting me on ignore does not change the facts that are here for all to read.

2. pirate ammo

pirate ammo Silver $$ Contributor

EVERYBODY,PLEASE CHANGE THE SUBJECT,,RETIRED,I'M NOT PICKING YOU OUT,BUT THE WORDS WERE RIGHT,4TH.JULY PEOPLE,GET HAPPY,,,,:cool:

3. Uthink Uknow

Uthink Uknow

I never thought I could come to this site today for comic relief. Or do you guys think July 4 is April Fools Day?
    In the words of the illustrious Rodney King, "Can't we just get along?"

tmwinds and pirate ammo like this.
  4. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE Gold $$ Contributor

I thought the shipping to yourself thing had changed some years back. I know in 2008 i couldnt ship one to myself in canada but i think they said i couldnt do it anymore period- there had to be an ffl on one end

5. barefooter56

barefooter56

Loaded rounds fall under a different HAZ-MAT code ORM-D so they are not classified as explosive or flammable. Powder unfortunately is classified as an explosive. Not the flammable it should be. Don't blame the trucking companies! This came in under Clinton with the UN plan of making universal HAZ-MAT codes. I know because I was driving for an air freight company back then. The fee is to help pay for any HAZ-MAT spills or other incidents. You spill a 1 gallon can of some HAZ-MAT controlled substance on a loading dock you spent $10,000 back then right off the bat it goes up exponentially from there. Who knows what it is now.

tmwinds likes this.
  6. retired

retired

sorry you too have some wrong information.
    context is everything.
    we are talking specifically about UPS and FEDEX, not common carriers.
    powder is a FLAMMABLE
    primers are an EXPLOSIVE
    both REQUIRE proper paper work.
    the FEE is a COMMERCIAL fee, NOT A REGULATED government cost.

7. cheek9075

cheek9075

Check DOT regs on hazmat. You can ship up to 999lb without a hazmat placard on a truck. 999lb of one hazmat, 999 lb of another. As long as no one material is over 999lb, then no placard. You can ship 10 item less than 999lb with no placard, but one item that weighs 1002lb, then truck has to be placard and driver has to have hazmat endorsement.

8. cptjack

cptjack

BUT nail polish is acetone

9. walker2713

walker2713 Gold $$ Contributor

Popcorn.gif

br1111 and SS427 like this.
  10. jamesdmock

jamesdmock Gold $$ Contributor

Nail polish remover !

11. shortgrass

shortgrass

The part that's being ignored; what does it cost a company to become "hazmat certified"? It's not only the costs to UPS and FedEx that transport, there's a substantial cost to the company selling the hazardous materials.

tmwinds, barefooter56 and pirate ammo like this.
  12. LVLAaron

LVLAaron Silver $$ Contributor

That explains a lot

esp42089, Terry_M, Mark W and 3 others like this.
  13. South Prairie jim

South Prairie jim

Good Lord!

14. barefooter56

barefooter56

Different rules for little trucks.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 2:56 PM
  15. rangertim

rangertim

I drove for Wal-Mart for 26 years, I have put Hundreds" of Haz-Matt Placards on their trailers & Removed more than that. I was a claims driver for many years picking up Return merchandise to going back to the warehouse! You have not a clue as to the regulations on Hazard Material and Wal-Mart knew it well, due to the millions of dollars in fines ! Every driver had a Haz-Matt Endorsement on their Drivers License and took a 8 hour class on it every year, my truck had a special dromedary box on the back of the cab that I put the boxs of haz-Matt in separated from the regular freight, and had a special place on the dock that it was kept at. Shipping hazardous materials is a big expensive Government Regulated Nightmare ! and it's different For Plane Train Truck & marine. You would not believe things that are Regulated and things that are not, weight plays into a bunch !