Have really good prices....but.....

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by rsbhunter, Feb 9, 2018.

1. rsbhunter

rsbhunter

Bigsupplyshop.com has some really decent prices on scopes (sightron) but first, site is not protected..kind of scary. Just curious if anyone has heard of, or dealt with this company....hate to be negative, but to many websites that are questionable as to legitimacy....just trying to find someone who has dealt with this site/company.....Thanks for any feedback....rsbhunter

2. Mittry

Mittry

I bought a Sightron SIII from them 2 years ago, great price no problems.
    Marc Mittry

3. jghoghunter

jghoghunter Gold $$ Contributor

Same here no problems. Once you get their shipping the price is not as good. But they almost always beat the other suppliers.

4. wmdron

wmdron

I bought two from them a couple of years ago and I had no problems but as Jg has said once you factor in their shipping the price is not as good. I have seen sale prices on Sightron scopes that equal those from Big supply so if you are uncomfortable ordering from them why not wait for a sale from another vendor. I didn't noticed that the site was unprotected when I ordered but I must say that would give me pause too.

5. Toolbreaker

Toolbreaker Gold $$ Contributor

If Big Supply Shop what you're wanting in stock, you can check with SWFA and they'll price-match 110%. The extra 10% should offset most of the shipping fees.

300_whisper likes this.
  6. LA50SHOOTER

LA50SHOOTER Gold $$ Contributor

Larry D. Scott is selling a 10-50x SIII on here for a pretty good price & he's a well known and honest vendor on this site. - May want to consider him if the scope he has fits the bill.

7. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

If I don't know the site, I will try to only use them if I can pay with PayPal. Got took by a fake website this year for $437 when buying a christmas present for my son. PayPal refunded all of my money and is pursuing the fraudulent seller on their own. Everything is good to go for me.

Most banks have fraud protection as well, but I'd rather not risk giving out my credit/debit card number to a potential fraud because then the bank has to cancel your card, issue you a new one, you have to redo all your auto-pay bill setups, etc...PITA!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  8. rsbhunter

rsbhunter

You're right, PayPal is what I use....I once bought a car for my son off of ebay, I know, I know...after I found out it had a salvage title after specifically asking and told no, ebay buyers insurance actually came through and paid me the total price...AND I got to keep the vehicle!!!!! (Because of the fraud) ....so yes, lessons learned....I now "trust, but verify". I am looking at one for a really decent price, but we will see....

Ledd Slinger likes this.
  9. SS427

SS427

Their website prefix is https. Not a 100% guarantee the s part of http will truly make a website safe, but that is what most sites use to secure themselves. What makes you think it is not secure?

10. rsbhunter

rsbhunter

Using my kindle, 9 out of 10 times I will get the notice warning " your connection is not secure" (just tried it now.) I don't take that as gospel, but as the saying goes " you have been warned".

Ledd Slinger likes this.
  11. wmdron

wmdron

I get a "connection is not secure warning" for this forum

12. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

It's not. That's why you will see accurate shooter forum thread results when doing google searches for information. But you aren't posting a credit card number to make purchases on this forum either. BIG difference.

13. rsbhunter

rsbhunter

When the big Equifax breach happened, according to them I was one of the people whose info was compromised..'so if a big company who is diligent about security gets compromised, then it would be a "shame on me" to give info to a known risk...rsbhunter

14. deebaines

deebaines

Never heard about this website

snert likes this.