Has VihtaVuori N130 Been Discontinued?

Discussion in 'Small Stuff--22s, 20s, and 17s' started by Gary T, May 27, 2011.

1. Gary T

Gary T

Hey guys,
    I have an XP 100 chambered in 22 Rem BR that absolutely loves VitaVuori N130. It's been some years since I last shot it as I only shoot it for prairie dog hunting. I called my local handloading store today to check on price/availability of the powder and was shocked when he told me it had been discontinued. :'( I've checked "Google" some, but haven't found anything definitive. Some internet stores (Midway and Sinclair, for example) show it as discontinued, while others (Eabco and Virgin Powder) show it available. I've sent an email to VihtaVuori asking the same question, but thought I'd check w/ y'all as well ;)(the only other time I sent VV an email, they didn't respond). Thanks.

Good luck and good hunting.

2. kitsap

kitsap

Gary,

As far as the VV web site shows, it is still being manufactured. The last time I asked this question the reply was that N130 was not one of their more popular powders in the US and thus it is not often included in an import shipment. I just looked this AM on Powder Valley and they show 1 lb containers in stock.
    http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

DougF

3. ab_bentley

ab_bentley

It's right there with N120, one day they stopped making it in large batch's. I would give my left arm for 16lbs of N120. Adam

4. fastnflat1

fastnflat1

sinclair Int. has viht powders on sale now. pretty sure i seen N130 listed

5. ab_bentley

ab_bentley

They still make it, just in 1lb bottles. :( Adam

6. MrMajestic

MrMajestic Site $$ Contributor

Can't be as tough as finding N105! Ever since Alliant realized Blue Dot caused birth defects, cancer, holes in the ozone and world hunger its been my replacement. Bought a bunch when Graf's waived the hazmat. Good luck in your search!