Harrels Dasher die Measurements

Discussion in '6BR, 6BR Improved & Wildcats' started by Ksracer, May 20, 2018.

1. Sheldon N

Sheldon N Silver $$ Contributor

Yeah, I've done the 308 die approach too and while it definitely sized the base of the case it pushed the shoulder forward a couple thou and made it difficult to bump them back enough.

2. BenPerfected

BenPerfected Gold $$ Contributor

What if you FL size and bump the shoulder at the same time?

3. Ksracer

Ksracer

A .308 die is obviously too long to bump a Dasher shoulder. My shoulders lengthened .002 after the .308 reduced the base, but I couldn't tell that it reduced the shoulder dia much at all. I just chalked up the growth to the same reason necks need to be trimmed. I had no issues pushing it back with the same FL Dasher die setting I was using previously.

4. Gilbert Garza

Gilbert Garza

What I’ve noticed with lots of calibers is the die is to short or the chamber is a tad longer, so when you bump the shoulder back .002” it doesn’t get to the bottom of the base of case. It could be a shellholder issue or maybe dies are to short. But for the die to full size the base it’ll end up pushing the shoulders way to much.

And depending on die, it could not be sizing enough to eliminate the dreaded “click”

5. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE Gold $$ Contributor

Get a ring die from pbike. Itll solve all your issues. Everybody needs one

dkhunt14 and DT like this.
  6. ImBIllT

ImBIllT

Sound like my last experience with Wilson. Will never buy a new product with their name on it again.

Last edited: May 27, 2018