Gun Broker . Com

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by New Gun, Dec 24, 2017.

1. New Gun

New Gun Gold $$ Contributor

Hello All , Hope everyone is enjoying time with family. I am looking at a couple Pistols on Gun Broker and thought I would ask all of you if Dealing with this site is Positive or should I stay away. Thanks Ken

2. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

Have almost 30 transactions, buying and selling and never had an issue. Be advised on no reserve auctions posted by gunshops and pawnshops, shills are out there.

Milo 2.0 and New Gun like this.
  3. Milo 2.0

Milo 2.0 Gold $$ Contributor

Look at the sellers feedback, if all positive, good to go, they try to maintain a reputation like ebay sellers. If individual, and not much there, contact seller, and confer with them.
    If you post auction link here, be easier to help, or auction number.

BrandonK, New Gun and hogpatrol like this.
  4. B Mize

B Mize Silver $$ Contributor

I've had one bad gun(not as described) out of maybe 30 over the years. Seller took it back, just cost me shipping.
    Do you research, make sure seller has positive rating and plenty of pics.
    Then find a dealer that will receive it for you and not charge you a randsom to do the 4473. $20-25 is the going rate in my area.

5. New Gun

Thanks Fellows

6. jepp2

jepp2 Gold $$ Contributor

I'm not knocking this site, but I feel more comfortable buying on GB than on accurateshooter. There can always be difference in how you could grade conditions, and I haven't had a BAD transaction on either site.

If there aren't enough pictures to fully understand the condition, ask for more. Every can have a different definition of mint, like new, excellent, etc. conditions.

I feel there are more options to correct a bad transaction on GB than on accurateshooter.

New Gun likes this.
  7. Ed

Ed

I have had mostly good luck on Gunbroker. My bad luck has been in buying old guns that are “like new in box.” I buy them to shoot, and sometimes I find the reason they got put back in the box is that they were not good shooters, spit lead, etc.

New Gun likes this.
  8. Milo 2.0

Milo 2.0 Gold $$ Contributor

My favorite ones are the "New, old stock", a phrase coined when the Colt handgun market took an upswing. More new old stock than in gun history, slight cocking rings on cylinder, lol.

New Gun likes this.
  9. Downhill

Downhill

Have had a few good to as to be expected experiences with gunbroker. Have had 2 make you want to leave home to burn someone's house down experiences. As with any used firearm the go to rule is-condition,condition,condition! Hard to realisticly judge that without laying hands on the firearm. Always look at the sellers feedback. Gunbroker is a great website but there are crooks that post there.

10. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

I have 20-30 buys on GB and all were good. I have also seen some scams. The only way I noticed was because I was looking for a unicorn. Tikka Master Sporters. I noticed one gun that had been sold on Armslist years ago was posted again on GunBroker for sale. (I've been chasing these down for a while) The "new"picture was of a gun on the same linoleum floor that I remembered from the original pic, but this time, the seller was in Arizona, not Alaska. I searched down the old Armslist ad to confirm my "recollection". I was right and it was a scam. Most of the time, I contact the owner by asking for thier phone number. Sometimes, I google the business that has the add and call them direct. No phone call, no sale. As has been mentioned many times before: It only takes a few questions on the phone to find out if the seller is legit. I have NEVER had a bad gun purchase on this forum.

BrandonK and New Gun like this.
  11. New Gun

Thanks Guys Keep info coming . As i am still kicking tires , but see what I want. Ken Sommerville

12. Kurz

Kurz

I'm not sure how much more information you need to make a decision.

Gunbroker is a professionally run, commercial auction site which has spent years developing their reputation for honesty and transparent transactions. They have no tolerance for those sellers who chose to game the system or otherwise lie, cheat or attempt to steal. The staff works tirelessly, attempting to solve every complaint or problem with the system which occurs, in a timely manner. It will not be instantaneous but it will get resolved. There are no phone numbers so forget about trying. Use the methods of contact through the e-mail system directed to the group who can field your questions or handle problems. If you're new to the site, use the tutorials then ask any questions for clarity.

Other than that, register and go bid on the things you want to buy. If you question the item you're considering, use the 'contact seller' link for answers to questions or to request specific pictures of details. Remember that not all sellers are experts in the field of firearms or reloading. Some are simply resellers and know very little about what they are selling. Their only interest is in making a profit for the least output of time and energy on their behalf. If their responses are unsatisfactory, walk away from the deal. You will pick up the flow the more time you spend examining the ads and watching the bidding process.

Enjoy!

New Gun and Mikey_P like this.
  13. dtucker

dtucker

Gun Broker is no different than any other site, you have to do your homework. I have bought several rifles and only 1 that I got was not in the condition as was described and I even talked with the fellow on the phone for a lengthy time. I would not hesitate to buy from Gun Broker any time.

14. spencerhenry

spencerhenry

I have used gunbroker for years. I have sold a handful of guns, and some other stuff. I have bought several guns. The only problems I have had is non-paying bidders on small items.
    Lately it seems everyone wants to call and chat, never had that happen until this last couple months. And, every time they want to "chat" about my gun, the real reason they call is to offer some ridiculous low ball. I do not respond to people that want to call me anymore. If you have questions, put them in an email. If it is a new item, look up the item on the manufacturers site.

15. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

One thing to add, if the listing is on Armslist, I would only go face to face.

16. ragsflh

ragsflh Silver $$ Contributor

gunbroker is go to go.its like ebay there is always a scammer,place to stay away craigslist unless its ftf

17. Shawnba67

Shawnba67 Silver $$ Contributor

Do keep in mind. If there is a problem you will likely have to eat the shipping to and from and the ffl transfer fees. Ive had great experiences and great deals and 1 burn. Cheap ,cheap pistol showed up looked good. Got home would not fire,seller says send it back for refund.
    So for only the loss of these expenses
    $35 ship to me
    $30 ffl
    $30 ship back
    He would refund my $125 purchase price. Not quite the deal I had hoped for.

joshb likes this.
  18. nakneker

nakneker Gold $$ Contributor

I have just over a hundred transactions on Gunbroker, I’ve never had a bad experience. I don’t buy from someone with little or no feedback. I ask for more info if I need it and then I make sure I do my part and odds are it will be a good transaction.

To me its like walking in a nation wide used gun shop. I’ve found a lot of rifles I’d never find scouring the local shops. Use some common sense to lessen your odds of a bad transaction and you should have no problems.

19. New Gun

Thanks to all. I have never purchased a gun through the internet and I was worried about the process. I do buy from e-bay so I "get it". All your advice has helped me. Thanks again Ken

20. LarryDScott

LarryDScott Site $$ Sponsor

Hope ya got DEEEEEP Pockets. When you learn how
    easy it is to buy online, you can run out of money
    before you finish your never-ending want list. Another plus
    you avoid state sales tax, unless the purchase was made in your state.
    LDS

22BRGUY, 6MMsteve, hogpatrol and 2 others like this.