Great Service from AB...

Discussion in 'ELR, Ballistics & Bullets Board' started by IdahoSharpshooter, May 3, 2017.

1. IdahoSharpshooter

IdahoSharpshooter Gold $$ Contributor

I signed up for the Seminar this coming weekend in SLC two weeks ago. They are generous with a 10% discount for Veterans. Then Doc shows the coupon here for a $100 discount.

I called, and spoke with Kathy at AB. She played on the computer, and AB offered me the larger discount number. That's gas money from Boise and back; for a 100% disabled Army Ranger.

Good people to deal with, even the Marine...

Rich

Jet, DocUSMCRetired and Ga. Dawg like this.
  2. jimbires

jimbires Silver $$ Contributor

please let us know what you think of the class .

3. IdahoSharpshooter

Plan on it.

I just got a pleasant Email update from the ski lodge/hotel. They have gotten over 48 inches of new snow the last week of April.

jimbires likes this.
  4. IdahoSharpshooter

Jim,

the class was way beyond my expectations. Twenty hours plus, of schooling. They do it right, 50 minute blocks of instruction, followed by ten minutes for questions. Every aspect of exterior ballistics was covered from muzzle out to at least 3500 +/-yards, plus scopes and reloading tips. A gentleman from Vortex discussing the elements of scope building, and first VS second focal plane advantages and disadvantages of each. Team building, and ELR Competition. My experience was a bit apart from most, since I had purchased all of the AB books a year ago, and had read them all, cover to cover, several times. Several times I found myself thinking "So, that's what that I read...".

The course outline was:

Saturday
    8 am: Course overview and Trajectory buildup.
    9 am: BC's and Trajectory Features.
    10 am: BC's and Custom Drag Modeling.
    11 am: Emil Praslick, former head of AMU. Practical shooting tips.
    noon to 1pm buffet lunch
    1pm: Wind- mechanism of wind deflection. Wind, strategies for competition.
    2pm: King of 2 Miles shooting event and ELR shooting discussion.
    3pm: Jeff Brozovich Long Range hunting.
    4pm: Nick Vitalbo nVisti/AB. Laser Technology.
    5-6pm: dinner
    6:30 to nearly 10pm Break-out sessions. Speakers split up to discuss their class with attendees that wanted more information.

Sunday
    8am: Basic Spin Stability followed by Advanced Spin Stability.
    9am: Secondary Effects Extended Long Range Shooting
    10am: Sights, mostly scopes
    11am: Mitch Fitzpatrick- employed at AB and owner of Lethal Precision Arms-ELR Shooting.
    Mitch is amazing. He just turned 20, is in college majoring in Engineering, works in design at AB. AND, won the Ko2M last summer with his own design 375 Lethal.
    He owns Lethal Precision Arms and builds ELR rifles. His case is the 585 Ed Hubel necked down to 375 caliber. 400gr .375 bullets over 3100fps. iirc, G7 is about.560.

noon to 1pm: buffet lunch.
    1pm: Weapon Employment Zone (WEZ)
    2pm: Group Analysis.
    3pm: Ian Klemm from Vortex Optics.
    4pm: Nick Vitalbo and Doc Beech, AB Analytics and Kestrel.
    5-6pm: dinner
    6:30 to late, break-out sessions. The staff talking their specialty, and answering questions in groups.

Everything ELR* you can imagine is explained in shooter's language, and examples cited.
    The binder is laid out well, and touches on all the areas that the included 4 volume series covers, in basic form. They ship the books to your house, and I keep reading it (the binder) and referencing sections VS the 4 books for greater detail.

* ELR is out to the distance where a particular bullets goes transonic.

5. jimbires

jimbires Silver $$ Contributor

sounds like a good class , with a lot of information . Thank You Jim

6. IdahoSharpshooter

Well, the AB Team did kick some serious tail at the Ko2M again this year.