Gearing up for Rifle&Pistol Nationals

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Paula Marie Hamilton, Jun 8, 2019.

1. pfiori

pfiori

The correct target to train on for this match is the A50 at 50 meters or the A51 at 50 yards if you only have 50 Yards.
    If you do not have these targets to train on, keep in mind that aside from significant differences in scoring ring size, the aiming black is also larger on the A50 and A51 and will usually require a slightly larger front aperture size.

Paula Marie Hamilton likes this.
  2. Paula Marie Hamilton

Paula Marie Hamilton Gold $$ Contributor

Pete I don't know you, but I could kiss you. John has lots of experience with electronic targets, it's what the CMP and X Count use, so this is great news. This will go a long way in easing nerves. THANK YOU.

3. Paula Marie Hamilton

We have the A27 that he shoots at 50M or 164 feet and he is pretty close the same on those, unfortunately it's not safe to do 100 here because it goes past our backing so he has only been able to do that for 1 practice session at the range at that distance so it's kinda hard to know, but the two targets I saw were an 88 and 90. He is going to the NRA smallbore camp prior to the Nationals where he will get lots of 100 work. It's my mother's day & birthday day present $, but I can't see a better thing to spend it on than John shooting. He is truly happy when he is shooting, & that makes me happy, & I got everything I need anyway. I believe camp will be a very good experience, plus he gets to shot on range a week prior to NRA Nationals, can't beat that kind of experience.

4. Paula Marie Hamilton

Thank you for the info, I can only afford so many targets and went with the NRA approved targets because John shoots a lot of these matches, but John is parking his "kit" which has multiple aperture thing he can change. We are planning to be at Fort Benning early to take advantage of the training day. But thank you for the information.

5. butchlambert

butchlambert Site $$ Sponsor

It is a little late. Get some rest.