Fun Shooting Challenge

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by 338 Mollett, Jan 23, 2019.

1. 338 Mollett

338 Mollett

Last year at a local monthly fun match I took on the challenge of trying to shoot back to back cleans ,but the twist is one in f open the other in sling.I know there is a lot of good shooters out there but it ain't easy.Try it I think you will get a kick out of it.

300_whisper likes this.
  2. Park ranger

Park ranger

Which one did you try first?

3. K22

K22

I had a good buddy who was an avid varmint hunter like me that past away a few years ago but we use to challenge each other shooting at 3 x 5 cards at various distances under field shooting conditions meaning no bench, i.e. bipod or shooting sticks. It's quite humbling for great practice.

4. Texas10

Texas10 Gold $$ Contributor

What is it about shooting at something other than a standard paper target that is sooooooo appealing?! I had a blast busting clays at 500 yds, but most ranges won't let you shoot anything but standard targets or steel and that particular range is temporarily shut down due to development nearby.

There's seems to be something visceral about seeing an object jump, tumble or crumble in response to a well placed shot, don't you think?

perry42 and Bc'z like this.
  5. 338 Mollett

338 Mollett

I try to be an honest man so I will say I fudged,If it felt good I shot sling first if not F open first .

6. savagedasher

savagedasher

Golfing at 600 yards dril a hole in a golf ball and hang it with fish line
    50 cents a shot first hit takes the money

Texas10, timeout, Bc'z and 1 other person like this.
  7. 338 Mollett

338 Mollett

That would be a good game.With a sling you would have enough misses to build a good pot.

8. savagedasher

savagedasher

Oh yay