Frankfort Arsenal coax press

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by ranger3, Jun 25, 2019.

1. ranger3

ranger3 Silver $$ Contributor

Has anyone bought this press or try to use it just wondering what everybody's thoughts are compared to the Forester coax?

waverly likes this.
  2. ms6852

ms6852

I can't really compare it to others as I have no experience with other brands. I like the ease of using it when it comes to full sizing it takes very little effort. Changing dies is a breeze if you use a locking ring. Once you adjust it it's a matter of just sliding into place, literally takes a couple of seconds. I don't reload in large batches so this is pretty simple and easy for me to use as I reload in batches like one day I will deprime and size, another day I will trim to length, another day I will prime and so on. For me it does the job.

3. Straightshooter1

Straightshooter1 Gold $$ Contributor

Though I've only looked at this Frankford Arsenal press and find it's really not much different from the Forester, in my case, I like the Forester better (just seems to me to be better built) and I've grown to really like the priming tool that's part of it. I didn't think I'd ever really use that, but it does a great job of seating primers to a uniform depth rather quickly (once I determined a system), and . . . I figured out a way to adjust that depth when I want.

mikeinct likes this.
  4. mike06

mike06 US ARMY 1970-1977 Silver $$ Contributor

I backed off from buying one because I cannot use my redding competition shellholders with it.

mikeinct likes this.
  5. Raythemanroe

Raythemanroe Bullet Whisperer Silver $$ Contributor

Another China copy

RAY

6. wkdickinson

wkdickinson Gold $$ Contributor

I am a great believer in "you get what you pay for" or stated a different way "if you don't pay for it, you don't get it". Years ago I stepped up and spent the money on a Forester COAX and have never looked back. If you haven't noticed, this is not a past time that rewards the financially timid very well.

ledward likes this.