FORUM NOTICE Forum Member Upgrades -- Duration -- IMPORTANT

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Forum Boss, May 26, 2018.

1. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

You may notice a change in your Forum Status on June 1, 2018.

The "Grandfather" period for donations made before June 2017 runs out at the end of this month -- May of 2018. Therefore you may see your Silver or Gold memberships expire.

Approximately 540 Silver and 90 Gold memberships will expire end of day May 31, 2018. Quite a few memberships will otherwise expire in the first half of June as many guys signed up soon after we started the upgrade program.

To continue your membership, if and when it expires, please use the UPGRADE Membership LINK:

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/account/upgrades

What Is Happening and Why
    One year ago, on May 31, 2017, we created the new PAID UPGRADE System with two levels. We created Silver ($20) and Gold ($50) member levels. These membership upgrades qualified Silver and Gold members for unlimited Classifieds for 12 months, plus other benefits.

When we put this system in place we upgraded EVERY member who had voluntarily donated at least $20 to the site from July 2016 onwards. That essentially meant that a guy who donated $20 in July 2016 through May 2017 got a Silver membership good through May 31, 2018.

Now that "grandfather" period is coming to a close. So, if you were given Silver or a Gold status because of money you donated BEFORE June 1, 2017, now it's time to renew.

The auto-upgraded "grandfathered" Silver and Gold Accounts will expire on May 31, 2018.

IMPORTANT: Anyone who made a more recent upgrade will be fine -- their membership will run 12 months from the time they gave money to the site. For example, if you did a $20 upgrade on October 5, 2017, your membership will run until October 4, 2018.

------

Again, I want to repeat -- Any Forum member who donated at least $20 AFTER May 31, 2017 will get one year from the date of their donation.

But there will be many "grandfathered" members, some of whom haven't paid anything since 2016, who will see a change in status. For these guys, you can renew your Silver or Gold membership for 12 months by clicking here:

If you cannot use PayPal, you can send a renewal check by mail -- but be aware this will delay the renewal because your account must be upgraded manually.

Mail Donations INFO: http://forum.accurateshooter.com/donations/

Mulligan likes this.
  2. hoz53

hoz53 Gold $$ Contributor

thanks for the reminder-- ill go check mine right now. just a thought- you could put the membership expiration dates on the profile page to help people remember.

geraldgee likes this.
  3. geraldgee

geraldgee Gold $$ Contributor

I upgraded in January 2018. Will my membership continue through 2018?
    I assume that its a yearly membership but don't guess I know that for sure.

Thanks for the great site!

Gerald

FORUM Boss: Gerald, your membership runs through 1/2/2019 (January of NEXT year). We do not do "auto-renew" so you'll want to upgrade when you get to the end date.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2018
  4. Tommie

Tommie Gold $$ Contributor

Thanks for the reminder!

Having been burned HARD by Paypal, I do wish another form of web payment were available.

The check is in the mail.

5. hoz53

i think they do accept pmts by mail—

6. Tommie

Tommie Gold $$ Contributor

Yep. Check is in the mail.

7. nmkid

nmkid Gold $$ Contributor

Guess I'll just wait until something happens. I have no idea when I went to "gold".

Forum Boss: Your Gold Membership is good through 12/26/2018 as you donated last December 26, 2017.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2018
  8. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

Upper right corner, your username next to Inbox, pull down menu, account upgrades. Your donation date will appear.

LA50SHOOTER and Dgd6mm like this.
  9. 7887mm08

7887mm08 Silver $$ Contributor

I want to continue as a silver member but the link is not giving me that option

10. hoz53

just contribute the silver amount in the paypal box

11. jobhopper66

jobhopper66 Gold $$ Contributor

Thanks hogpatrol for the heads up on how to check on the membership expiration dates.
    Ray

12. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

Thanks for a Great site! I sent a hundred your way about a month ago but I think I hit the "donate" button instead of the "upgrade" button. I used PayPal. Does that count or should I send more?;):rolleyes: Are you still running the Century Club?

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  13. hoz53

thanks for pointing that out. i think i hit the donate button also. We'll see wat happens.

joshb likes this.
  14. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

Upgrade link doesn't do anything. Says I have both upgrades but doesn't give me any way to donate. Guess I'll just hit the donate button as usual.

Where are these gear giveaways? I didn't even know what the Gold member benefits were. I just donate every now and again cuz I like the site.

LA50SHOOTER and joshb like this.
  15. ckaberna

ckaberna Gold $$ Contributor

My "button" worked under account upgrades. My "silver" was expiring May 31st so I went ahead and went for "gold"

Where are the gear giveaways posted?

R.Morehouse and Ledd Slinger like this.
  16. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

Thanks for the "computer foo", Dale. I guess my donation didn't register. My Membership expires on May 31st. Might just cruise along as a secret donator for a while and see how many times I get flamed for my "not contributing" banner.:(:(:( I'm gonna miss that dog.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

hogpatrol and Ledd Slinger like this.
  17. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

The Boss can fix up your status. :)

joshb likes this.
  18. hoz53

i guess i need to put a pic over there :D ill see wat i can come up with- anyway they should give you credit if anybody gets credit- i bet they will fix it up.

19. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

We have manually updated JoshB's account. He made a "manual donation" that required manual processing. But all should be good now. The most fool-proof way to handle upgrades is the wait 'til end of your term, and then click the upgrade link:

This same link will display the date when your current membership expires.

20. dragman

dragman Gold $$ Contributor

Can we get some kind of a lifetime upgrade option??? Just curious, I will get my payment in this week to continue my status.

dogdude and joshb like this.