Forster Co-ax Press...............

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Mark204, Sep 16, 2017.

1. mikehotel

mikehotel

ok thanks

2. kcomeau10x

kcomeau10x

Could you describe how you eliminated the primer bottle going up and down? Post pics if possible. Thanks!

3. Wingzero

Wingzero

Like the OP, I've been reading reviews about this press. I notice that a significant number of owners do not use the press for resizing.
    For those who use this for resizing, how consistent is it in bumping the shoulders? With my RCII, I have to sand the top of the shellholder to bump the shoulder to .005. Can this press bump the shoulder with the standard shell plate? Thanks.

4. savagedasher

savagedasher

Sure it’s not different then any other press
    Larry

New Gun likes this.
  5. Courierdog

Courierdog

I got my first Bonanza Co-Ax in 1968, My First Forester Co-Ax in 2016 and found an old Bonanza Co-Ax on eBay in 2016.
    I have mounted all of them on the InLineFabrication Ultramounts
    I have installed the Mansgear Jaw Holder Upgrade on all the Co-Ax Presses.
    I have thee different InLineFabrication Roller Handles, Standard, Short and a zero Length.
    The Bonanza / Forester Co-Ax Press does all my reloading needs.
    I use the Bonanza Primer press for all my priming.
    When it comes to a stuck case, seldom happens but one needs to be prepared, Use your fingers release the case from the jaws slide the die c/w the stuck case out. Use the Forester Stuck Case remover and your troubles are over.
    Enjoy the process.

6. ranger3

ranger3 Silver $$ Contributor

I have four presses on my bench 1 Forster coax 2. Lee turret press, 3 Dillon RL 550 and a RCBS ammomaster used primarily for pulling bullets. I could use a fifth one but my bench is not big enough. I strictly use the Forster coax for bump shoulder sizing and other sizing as well unless it is requires a over cam situation and for seating I have not found anything better for seating. Don't know why I waited so many years to buy a Forster coax I bought it in 2016

7. ireload2

ireload2

I would bet you don't even know how to check for a crooked ring and have never even thought of it before.
    For sure your press cannot correct for crooked rings.

8. ireload2

ireload2

Does your logic tell you what happens with crooked rings?
    Your press does not allow the dies to tilt when the ring is crooked.

9. ireload2

ireload2

There are many more shooters with tons of accurate rifles and ammo who have never touched those silly presses. Go to a benchrest match and see if you can find a single one. I have never seen one at a match but I have seen plenty of match winning ammo loaded with an arbor press.

10. Hermantk

Hermantk Silver $$ Contributor

Hmmm...I purchased a co ax because "the word" was that this was the best press out there. AND the price re-inforced that message. While the primer seater is designed to produce consistent results, it is almost impossible to get the case holder perfectly set up, with the result that it is constantly clipping the mouth of the primer and leaving 5-8 thou shavings at the bottom of the primer cup. That means the primer is pushed further into the pocket than you think. Also, if you wish to use Redding competition case holders with your FL sizing die, you have to buy an adapter plate...for 30 bucks plus huge shipping. Big ask for a little piece of milled steel that you have to buy because they failed in their design to consider we might want to use the most popular FL die on the market. Not Impressed.

11. 6MT

6MT

I don't use the jar that Forester provides to catch the spent primers. I put a clear hose on the end of the tube and it goes into a plastic bottle on the floor under and away from the press. I forget about it until it overflows. It takes a year or so.

12. 6MT

6MT

I don't understand this. Setting up the jaws that align the case to use the primer is very easy. And when you use the provided centering tool, it's fool-proof. I have never had a primer not seat perfectly. The jaws even have two depths for differing rim thicknesses.

I gave up my hand held RCBS primer when it failed and I needed to load some rounds for a competition the very next day. I was stuck since it was 9pm the night before the match. I had never tried the priming unit on the press before. So I thought because I was stuck, I would give it a try. Now, it's the only priming tool I use.

13. Hermantk

Hermantk Silver $$ Contributor

Interesting...I have used the centering jig but still get clipping on my Lapua cases. And the Redding competition case holders just will not fit...which is why Forster now offers the $30 fix.