Forster Co-Ax Backordered Everywhere

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by clunker, Jan 7, 2019.

1. clunker

clunker Silver $$ Contributor

I'm expecting my house to sell before the end of March, and many of you can already guess where I am going with this conversation. I will have some money to finally start investing in reloading gear. After lots of research and great advice from this forum, I decided to get the Forster Co-Ax. Only problem, everyone is out of stock, including the manufacturer. A large percentage of the vendors (like Midway) are saying that they will not be made available again. Here's the question, if the manufacturer can't even keep them in stock at $515, what are the odds that any of these vendors who sell them for less than $350 will ever see those presses again?

While I have everyone's attention, I would also love to hear recommendations for ultrasonic systems under $200. I doubt I will be loading more than 100 rounds at a time.

2. Cory porter

Cory porter Silver $$ Contributor

Be patient, I got one at Brownells for $260 after promo code and free shipping a couple months ago.

3. dc.fireman

dc.fireman Sling & Irons! Silver $$ Contributor

Check eBay - thats where I picked mine up.

4. savagedasher

savagedasher

When you have a great product you will have that problem

5. clunker

How did you get that promo code?

Ebay is usually my last resort. I've been burned with used products sold as new, or warranty claim B-stock with manufacturing defects.

6. Cory porter

Cory porter Silver $$ Contributor

https://gun.deals/coupons

Look up Brownells. I believe I either applied $20 off 200 or 30 off 300. The press came out to I think $287 on sale and then $20 off that and free shipping. I basically use Brownells for everything because of these promo codes.

7. dc.fireman

dc.fireman Sling & Irons! Silver $$ Contributor

Mine is actually a much older model - made by Bonanza in Minnesota, before they were bought out by Forster.

savagedasher likes this.
  8. ckrifles

ckrifles Silver $$ Contributor

Do what Cory said. Put it on backorder and wait, it will happen. I got two from Brownells this way.

9. clunker

Not planning to make any purchases until the house sells, but I did put my name on the email list for when they get it back in stock.

10. danny

danny

That is a heck of a buy. Good for you. I bet I paid more than that 4-5 years ago when I had to wait for a long time for one on backorder from Sinclair International.

Danny

Cory porter likes this.
  11. danny

danny

Call Forster direct and ask them about production. They have always been beyond fantastic help when I have called them. Midway and the other vendors are not the tails that wag the dogs. They are not in charge of Forster product manufacturing...Forster is.

Danny

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    DRNewcomb likes this.
  12. JimSC

JimSC

guy on EBay has 2 new ones for $385 + $25 dollars shipping as of the time of this posting. I have no affiliation or any buying/selling experience with the seller. He is a low volume seller but in 4 years has had all positive ratings (13) so use your own judgement.

Just my opinion but I would wait till supply catches up, I loaded good ammo today without one and I will load good ammo next week without one

earlcurtis67 likes this.
  13. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

After owning one if it broke tomorrow (it wont since i havent used it in 20yrs) i wouldnt replace it if i got one for $25- but to each his own.

14. Dusty Stevens

Oh, harbor freight for the ultrasonic. Its $99 and looks curiously identical to the ones sold by reloading mfrs.

15. oley55

oley55

So you must surely be offering it up for sale to those in need................

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Scalloper likes this.
  16. Dusty Stevens

I dont sell much. You wouldnt want it anyway- you cant use micrometer top dies or any die longer than a 30-06 in it

17. Richard Coody

Richard Coody Gold $$ Contributor

that is what i did when i was looking for one. they told me and sure enough everybody had them in stock around that time.

18. SGK

SGK Silver $$ Contributor

Did they change something in the design? I'm using a Redding Competition Seating die with micrometer in mine (308 Win) and have over 2" of clearance between the top of die and the arm of the press.

19. savagedasher

savagedasher

I load 300 wby in mine

20. Catfur

Catfur Silver $$ Contributor

I believe that Dusty may have the old Bonanza one, they lengthened the yoke sometime in the past and new ones take longer dies. I happily load .300 RUM with a micrometer top seater on mine.