Forster 6.5 Creedmoor FL Sizing die

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by chomondely3, Mar 26, 2019.

1. chomondely3

chomondely3

Does anyone know who might have one in stock?
    My usual vendors, Midway, Mid-South, Brownells are all out of stock.
    I can back order, but I am expecting my new build to come back from the 'smith soon so I am in a hurry, no surprise.
    Thanks,
    Chomondely

2. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

Get a Wilson or redding if your on a pinch

SPJ likes this.
  3. nmkid

nmkid Gold $$ Contributor

Get a Wilson or Redding even if you aren't in a pinch.

pirate ammo, SPJ and Bc'z like this.
  4. SPJ

SPJ Silver $$ Contributor

^^ this

5. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

+1
    if you want a forster and youre in a hurry you can get a hornady at academy usually in stock.

Bc'z likes this.
  6. chromatica

chromatica

7. chomondely3

chomondely3

Thanks for the advice. I called Forster. Customer service was very friendly. She said that Forster was about to complete a run that would be shipped to vendors next week. The next run will not occur until later this summer.

8. SPJ

The one with the big expander ball ?

9. 2thdk

2thdk

Order one directly from forster and have them shave .002 off the bottom of the die so you don't have excessive cam over to bump the shoulder back. Seems like a common issue with their 6.5 creedmoor die. While they are at it, have them hone the neck from .284 to .286 if you are going to be using the ball expander.

BeefyT11 and grovey like this.
  10. Texas10

Texas10 Gold $$ Contributor

Given that the dies are supposedly made to SAMMI specs, wouldn't that be an indication that the chamber is too short? I threaded a 22-250 barrel on my action and found my RCBS die would not set the shoulder back enough as the press bottomed out. After a thorough check, I decided I'd that when I had initially mounted the barrel I'd set headspace on the tight side, so I backed the barrel off a few thou and fixed the issue without having to custom grind the die.

11. grovey

grovey Silver $$ Contributor

Good advice. Mine works, but would benefit from both. I polished my shellholder, and got .002 more.

12. SPJ

I believe Uncle Ed sells Forster products, might be worth a shout out

BeefyT11 and Bc'z like this.
  13. Uncle Ed

Uncle Ed

I do not sell any reloading equipment, "BUT" Forster full length dies produce cases with very little neck runout. And in my opinion the best type die for any off the shelf factory rifle.

[​IMG]

I didn't reply to this post yesterday because even the Forster website tells you the 6.5 individual Creedmoor FL sizing die is out of stock.
    https://www.forsterproducts.com/product/full-length-sizing-dies/

"BUT" the Forster website does have the 6.5 Creedmoor die set.
    https://www.forsterproducts.com/product/bench-rest-die-sets/

Below my improved Redding FL die with a Forster expander and spindle assembly installed that reduces neck runout.

[​IMG]

And anyone who doesn't like Forster dies is a low down rotten (expletive deleted). ;)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    2thdk, Mad_Charlie, Barlow and 2 others like this.
  14. 2thdk

2thdk

True. Have two creeds chambered with .002 headspace. Had to send the die back and had 2-3 thou ground off. fixed my issue. I believe sammi headspace is anywhere from .005-.010. Seems I've read other fellas having same issues with custom creed builds. I believe even someone with a tikka 6.5 had the same issue. I'm not knocking forster dies. They are the best in my opinion. Love how they expander ball is floating and positioned high in the shoulder so the neck is still supported as its expanding which really does reduce run out. Also, has a bleed hole machined on the side to help reduce dented shoulders. Fantastic dies. Price is very fair too. Just my .02

Barlow and Texas10 like this.