For sale - Long range varmint rifle in either 6XC or 6SLR

Discussion in 'Guns, Actions, Stocks, & Barrels' started by Nomad47, Aug 6, 2017.

Trader History (15)
  1. Nomad47

Nomad47

Due to medical reasons (which I don't care to discuss, so please don't ask), my groundhog hunting will now be limited. So I am selling one of my two long range rigs. I like both rifles equally, so whichever one doesn't sell first will be the one I keep (at least, for a while).
    Common to both rifles: Savage Precision Target Action RBLP, Jard 6 ounce trigger, thumbhole stock, wide bipod, 2 barrels 1:8 twist, Sightron SIII 10-50x60 scope with LRMOA-H reticle, 20 MOA rail, Burris Signature rings, Airglide gun case, Forster FL die and micrometer seater set, 400 pieces of brass in 8 50 round boxes, go gauge.
    The 6SLR has a Stockys green and black laminate stock, Bartlein 5R 27.5" barrel (mounted) with 1516 rounds, Brux 1.125" no taper 30" barrel with 700 rounds.
    The 6XC has a Boyd's red and black laminate stock, Criterion 28" barrel (mounted) with 1584 rounds, Brux 1.125" no taper 30" barrel with 300 rounds.
    I have over $3400 invested in each. Will sacrifice for 60% of that figure - $2040 plus shipping and insurance.
    If we can do a face to face transaction, the buyer also has an option to buy over 8 pounds of powder and over 3000 primers at a reduced price. Also the buyer has priority to purchase the suppressor for $200 if and when the Hearing Protection Bill becomes law.
    6SLR-L.jpg
    6SLR-R.jpg
    6XC-L.jpg
    6XC-R.jpg
    Barrels2.jpg
    I have probably forgotten to mention something, so please check back often for updates.
    Thanks for looking, I apologize for such a lengthy ad.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  2. Judd

Judd Gold $$ Contributor

I bought a gun from Bill many years ago and the transaction was great and gun was exactly what he said it was.

Good luck Bill!

3. GNERGY

GNERGY Silver $$ Contributor

Hey Bill, hope your medical situation turns out favorable for you and your family.
    Tarey

4. Nomad47

Nomad47

Thanks, Tarey. I really appreciate your kind thoughts. Hope you're staying dry there in the monsoon season.

Guys, those really nice looking bipods on my rifles were made by this gentleman.

5. Nomad47

Nomad47

Forgot to include pics of the brass and dies.
    6SLR brass-dies2.jpg 6XC brass-dies2.jpg
    I rotate 200 pieces of brass for each barrel so it is easy to see how many loadings are on the brass. Brass is annealed after each firing. Necks have all been turned for uniform neck thickness plus minimal work by the expander ball.
    The 6SLR Barlein barrel is shooting Privy brass while the Brux barrel is shooting Winchester brass.
    Both 6XC barrels shoot Norma brass.

6. mbkmkk

mbkmkk

Sorry to hear this Bill. It's been a long time since talking to you on the WSSM forum.

7. Nomad47

Nomad47

Great to hear from you, Mark. I turned 70 last March, health had been excellent until very recently, so I can't complain too much.
    Yes, it has been a long time. Hope all is well with you.

8. Nomad47

Nomad47

I edited the original post to include a go gauge (included with each rifle). I also have the reamer for each rifle which I would sell separately, rifle buyer has first option.

tsyarnall likes this.
  9. LitLBoy

LitLBoy

Bill
    Good luck with your sale, will try to make it back up for another hunt after the Montana trip.
    LitLBoy

10. Nomad47

Nomad47

Thanks, Stan. And good luck to you in Montana. May you return from Montana with all your brass empty. :)
    Sounds good on another hunt. Hopefully we can catch a third or fourth cutting of hay or just after the beans are combined.

11. Nomad47

Nomad47

I shoot CCI 200 & BR2 primers along with IMR7828ssc in the 6XCs. And the 6XC buyer has the option to purchase in a face to face transaction.
    I shoot Fed 210 & 215 primers along with H1000 in the 6SLRs. Same option for the 6SLR buyer.
    As far as a face to face transaction goes - I live in central Ohio, I am willing to meet halfway anyone living in Ohio or an adjacent state.

12. Nomad47

Nomad47

Guys, I goofed. When I was setting the price at less than 60% of what I had in the rigs, I forgot to add in the cost of the brass. My mistake, so I won't raise the price.

Hal likes this.
  13. Hal

Hal

Nomad
    I sent you a PM.

Hal

14. Nomad47

Nomad47

Managed to get out for a little groundhog hunting. Round count on the 6SLR Bartlein barrel is now 1521 rounds.

15. Hal

Hal

It's always nice to get a little hunting time in.

Hal

16. Nomad47

Nomad47

Thanks, Hal.

How's the suppressor research going?

Hal likes this.
  17. Hal

Hal

I got sidetracked a little bit. Still learning about them. I like the route you went. But things have changed at SDT.

Hal

18. Nomad47

Nomad47

If that Hearing Protection Act passes (and it recently got 6 more sponsors) the ATF will be out of the suppressor regulation business and SDT will be back in.

19. Nomad47

Nomad47

Guys (and Gals), someone is missing out on a very good deal. Either rifle with the Brux barrel is worth over $2040. Plus 400 pieces of brass, 8 50 round ammo boxes, dies, wide bipod, AirGlide case, and a go gauge are all included.
    Both scopes are less than one year old and include the original box. I decided to switch from the target dot to the LRMOA-H reticle last fall.
    For a face to face (I'm willing to travel 150 miles from central Ohio), I would also sell to the rifle buyer over 8 pounds of powder and over 1000 primers that are used with that particular rifle. And 1000 105 Amax bullets. 60% of what Powder Valley or Midway sells them for.
    Also, the buyer can purchase the reamer (each used once) for $120.
    PM for a phone number to discuss or for additional photos.

20. Nomad47

Nomad47

There are a few less groundhogs here in Knox County. I got out for nearly 3 hours at a recently mowed alfalfa field, so the round count on my 6SLR has increased a little. Currently stands at 1529 rounds on the Bartlein barrel.
    On a side note, neither Brux barrel will be shot before one or the other rifle sells. And I can re-mount the Brux barrel if the buyer prefers.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    Hal likes this.