PLEASE READ For God's Sake READ THIS and Don't Get Ripped OFF

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Forum Boss, Jun 20, 2019.

1. TAJ45

TAJ45 Gold $$ Contributor

Stir, stir........thicken, thicken. Heh heh

2. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy Gold $$ Contributor

Just PM'd a bunch of people....LOL

X-47B likes this.
  3. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

[QUOTE="Forum Boss,

I am thinking of limiting sales, as least for firearms, actions, and optics, to Paying Members Only.[/QUOTE]
    You ought to!

muleman69, McGraw, Ccrider and 3 others like this.
  4. snert

snert Gold $$ Contributor

Allcineyes posted a bunch of BS. if you pay attention you can pick out the idiots and the wanna be guys from the guys who been around a while

muleystalker, CF2209, McGraw and 2 others like this.
  5. farmerjohn

farmerjohn Gold $$ Contributor

You ought to![/QUOTE]
    Count me in on something like at least a gold membership to sell anything over a hundred bucks!
    Farmer

muleman69, tac284, Ccrider and 3 others like this.
  6. Mark W

Mark W Gold $$ Contributor

As a buyer I won’t give feedback to a seller who doesn’t leave feedback when payment is received. I feel like my part of the bargain has been fulfilled at that point. Way to many sellers wait for the buyer to leave feedback and they will reciprocate. Those guys don’t get my feedback.

thekriebles and tac284 like this.
  7. antelopedundee

antelopedundee

If return privileges are offered, IMO it's premature to leave feedback until the buyer receives and is satisfied with the goods. Receiving payment is only half of the deal. Those way too many sellers do it the right way.

8. Mark W

Mark W Gold $$ Contributor

We will have to agree to disagree.

9. yotehater

yotehater Silver $$ Contributor

Didn't that guy start off going by Carlos Hathcock until he changed it to allCineyes? I might be mistaken about that but seemed odd.

A lot of members don't realize or care how important the feedback system is for both buyers and sellers. I've been stiffed a lot on feedback but always leave positive feedback for goods received as sold. I look at taking a chance on new members and zero feedback as risky.

muleystalker likes this.
  10. Rsadams

Rsadams

You ought to![/QUOTE]
    I don't have much buy or sell history here... I come to talk about reloading.... Bcz I wanted to go ahead and leave a good review for the scale... Honestly I thought I had already... Sorry... Hope I did it correctly... You know me I like you give stuff away to people that need it , especially if I don't....

Bc'z likes this.
  11. Raythemanroe

Raythemanroe Bullet Whisperer Silver $$ Contributor

If I was doing business with you and your trade history is zip then I'm going to ask you to trust me because I actually have history.. If they find that to hard, ditto..

Ray

muleystalker and jds holler like this.
  12. farmerjohn

farmerjohn Gold $$ Contributor

I know I have forgotten to do feed back and I try not to in the future, with that being said, I have a real hard time with fokes who for whatever reason don't even list the state,much less anything else in their profile. Makes them real hard to trust for me...
    Farmer

GSS and Willie like this.
  13. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

I don't have much buy or sell history here... I come to talk about reloading.... Bcz I wanted to go ahead and leave a good review for the scale... Honestly I thought I had already... Sorry... Hope I did it correctly... You know me I like you give stuff away to people that need it , especially if I don't....[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I dont remember selling you a scale.
    I thought I gave it to you.

14. gme

gme Site $$ Sponsor

15. Rsadams

Rsadams

Thanks, but I dont remember selling you a scale.
    I thought I gave it to you.[/QUOTE]
    You did but people have left things on my trader history , even though I have never sold anything.... I just gave it to him... I thought it was nice....

Bc'z likes this.
  16. McGraw

McGraw Silver $$ Contributor

There’s a old saying around here:
    Don’t buy a horse from a guy that you wouldn’t trust to be alone with your wife.

17. daleboy

daleboy Silver $$ Contributor

Require a picture to be posted with every ad,that will stop the scamming by a great percentage . Another odd thing is to see a seller w/ ZERO messages,but 10s or 100s of seller feedback many don't even pay to become at least a silver member .That seems almost parasitic.

Rube Shooter and Tommie like this.
  18. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

I was looking at buying a new high end spotting scope on here recently. When I made low ball offer on the glass and the seller immediately accepted my offer without a counter price, it raised a red flag for me. I asked for photos and he only sent me ONE single photo. Usually a person wanting to sell a $3K optic would be happy to send multiple photos to ensure the buyer was satisfied and the sale went smoothly. Red flag #2. So after that I decided to back out of the deal. Im not saying this member was a scammer so I wont mention the name, but it just didnt make me feel secure enough to follow through with the sale.

You also need to be wary regardless of trader feedback. If I do not see names of respected members in the forum on their feedback, I remain very cautious. The seller of the spotting scope above had a few feedbacks on his profile. But scammers working as a team could all have memberships on here as they lurk. Dont need to actually purchase anything from a member to leave buyer/seller feedback on their profile so they could be doing that for each other to give a sense of false security to potential victims.

muleystalker likes this.
  19. ebb

ebb

Eliminate the classifieds , not more selling on the board.

20. jimmymac

jimmymac Silver $$ Contributor

I hope that doesn’t happen. I’ve never had a bad experience. I’ll never get scammed. A little common sense goes a long way.