? for 6.5 Creedmoor Tikka CTR owners

Discussion in 'Big Stuff -- 6.5mm, 7mm, 30 Cal' started by goneshootinginAZ, Oct 6, 2017.

1. goneshootinginAZ

goneshootinginAZ

I really like my Tikka CTRx, but I need to use all my magazine length to get reasonably close to the lands. For instance, at max length, I can only get within 0.075 of the lands using 140 RDFs and 0.030 using 147 ELDs. Is that about what you all are getting or do I just have a long throated chamber?
    Thanks in advance for your help!!!

2. the_accuser

the_accuser

I have a Tikka CTR in .260 and found the same for the 140 RDF. Turns out in my rifle the RDF likes a huge jump so I didn't worry about trying to load it close to the lands.

3. shoot4fun

shoot4fun Gold $$ Contributor

I have the T3X TAC A1 but they apparently chamber them all with same reamer specs.
    I have about the same amount of distance to the lands but that is with Hornady 130 ELD-M on mine. Tikka has always had long throats but seem to shoot very we'll in spite of our concerns over bullet jump.

4. goneshootinginAZ

goneshootinginAZ

Thanks, the_accuser and shoot4fun. Yes, mine shoots well too, especially with handloads - I've had the best groups so far with 140 RDs and 147 ELDs with either H4350 or RL16 no real surprises there. :)

5. metalmole

metalmole

I have a CTR in 6.5 creed and mine too has a long throat, shoots very well though...If it ever gives a problem Im gonna push the shoulder on the barrel back some and rechamber with a reamer I have with a shorter throat...

goneshootinginAZ and boltfluter like this.