First they came...

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by 243BR, Nov 28, 2019.

1. 243BR

243BR

First, they came for the full autos.

And I did not speak out because I didn’t own a full auto.

Who needs one of those anyway?

Then they came for the ARs.

And I did not speak out because I didn’t own an AR.

Those guys are all Rambo “wanna bes” any way… aren’t they?

Then they came for the rest of the semi-autos.

And I did not speak out because I’ve always been a bolt action guy.

Then they came for the lever guns and the cowboy action stuff.

And I did not speak out because I’m not a cowboy action shooter.

Then they came for the hunting rifles.

And still I did not speak out because I really don’t hunt that much any way.

Then… they came for my single shot bench-rest gun.

And then, only then, after they had all the guns, they came for me.

rebs, 1shot, oldman1951 and 17 others like this.
  2. Texas10

Texas10 Gold $$ Contributor

My favorite bumper snicker at my local gun range:

An armed American is a Citizen
    An unarmed American is a Subject.

1shot, MikeT49, joshb and 13 others like this.
  3. bluealtered

bluealtered Silver $$ Contributor

Thank you Texas10.

joshb and mikeinct like this.
  4. Pawnee Bill

Pawnee Bill

Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it.....................

Papa Charlie, 1shot, joshb and 8 others like this.
  5. painter

painter Gold $$ Contributor

Sir I have tried to post this twice on facebook they will not allow it to post. So I will e-mail it to all I know. Thank you for a very good post. A.L.workman

6. LA50SHOOTER

LA50SHOOTER Silver $$ Contributor

What's "facebook" / Fakebook...

dogdude, MikeT49, joshb and 6 others like this.
  7. CharlieNC

CharlieNC

Second Amendment Sanctuary movement, including counties and even a few states, is rapidly gaining momentum. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

joshb, CF2209, Bill K and 4 others like this.
  8. ballisticxlr

ballisticxlr

Farcebook is all screwed up right now, massive problems throughout the infrastructure. It's TG so the on-call guy isn't getting the help he needs.

9. Dud

Dud

Thanksgiving would be a lot different if the turkeys had guns.

dc.fireman, JumboSammich and joshb like this.
  10. ballisticxlr

ballisticxlr

You really think like that or are you just making funny?

I ask because bleeding heart, anti-hunting, vegan types bring that exact argument out every year only for those of us who tend to think about things even a little bit to say to ourselves, "Turkeys don't have hands. Give them all the guns you want. Won't help one bit." What we have is a granting of power to an entity that's incapable of using it. Hollow power is no power at all.

When I make the argument that hollow power isn't power I'm immediately drawn to examine the parallel bit of specious idiocy that we get from the left much more regularly: 'If the government wanted the people unarmed they could because the government has nuclear weapons.'

Well, yes. Yes they do have nuclear weapons and conventional weapons. Neither fact makes the people the equivalent of armed turkeys. In fact, the people's position never changes, unlike the position of the government. They (government) are the ones in the same position as these hypothetically armed turkeys. Much like the turkeys they're not going to be very able to pull the trigger with any helpful effect against literally millions of dispersed & armed men who have no uniform to identify them by and no headquarters to destroy. Secondly, pulling the nuclear trigger will kill some of us but there are millions more to back that one up.

11. Dud

Dud

Settle down, have a slice of Tofurkey.

LOL!

dc.fireman and tmwinds like this.
  12. ballisticxlr

ballisticxlr

Ahh, so you really do think that way. Ok. Well, no accounting for lacking intelligence.

13. Dud

Dud

No, you have a hard time sensing a joke.

Maybe I should have said suicide vests:

Gobble-gobble-gobble-akbar: boom!

painter and joshb like this.
  14. Pawnee Bill

Pawnee Bill

He's probably had too much Cranberry sauce.

15. bluealtered

bluealtered Silver $$ Contributor

Well it's actually like this, yes some of the "turkeys" do have guns. They bought them when they started realizing Obama lied to them and he couldn't protect them, and yes some of those turkeys sold them back to the same government that lied to them in the first place about protecting them. But there is also still a lot hidden away in the back of a turkey closet "just in case of course."

Now they don't let their fellow turkey's know they have them because that would be a turkey sin to be able to protect one self without big brother doing it for them. Of course this is the same big brother who can stop the flow of food or fuel to any part of this country any time it wants. How long then before all those turkeys realize that to stay alive they need that gun to at the very least to feed themselves much less to protect themselves?

There were hundreds of millions of new firearms sold during the Obama years, (and for good reason) this doesn't count the millions of used firearms sold/traded from friend to friend during that time as well. No matter what any of the turkeys say, most of them bought a gun during that time knowing in the back of their turkey minds that they are really the only one that can protect themselves if push comes to shove.

While a brain washed part of our country is in a head long rush to be slaves, hopefully there are enough of us left to remember that the lives of our loved ones were not given in vain and that we can if forced to, keep our nation free.

16. steve123

steve123

The poor Brits got to keep their sub 12ftlb air guns at least.

Man I hope we do too, at minimum!