First 600 yard f class clean

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by Falfan2017, Oct 27, 2018.

1. 1shot

1shot

@Falfan2017 ,
    I just wanted to say thanks for a trip down memory lane for a lot of us, as well as incentive for those that are still striving to achieve that goal.
    Oddly enough, I was in the shop this morning looking for something and stumbled across the score card from my first clean .
    200-5x shot with a box stock Rem.700 VFS with less than 25 rounds done the tube prior to this match, sling/prone.
    If someone thinks I'm hijacking this thread, my most humble apologies in advance.

Lloyd

DennisH likes this.
  2. Brian H

Brian H Gold $$ Contributor

Great Job!

3. SPJ

SPJ Gold $$ Contributor

Nice shooting indeed,
    FalFan was shooting his Savage BTW:)

(Carry the torch)
    J

Dgd6mm likes this.
  4. Brx6

Brx6 Silver $$ Contributor

Congrads

5. foxguy

foxguy Gold $$ Contributor

Congratulations. Nice shooting. Where was this match held?

6. Falfan2017

Falfan2017 Gold $$ Contributor

Thanks. This was bar3 in Laurel, Ms. they hold 1000 yard and 600 yard f class each month.

foxguy likes this.
  7. Rope2horns

Rope2horns Norm Harrold Silver $$ Contributor

Congrats!! One of many to come!!

8. clunker

clunker Gold $$ Contributor

Great shooting! I hope to be at that level some day.

9. DirtySteve

DirtySteve Gold $$ Contributor

Great job. Getting that under your belt makes you more confident. Keep up the great shooting.

10. dougridgeore

dougridgeore

Congratulations I’m sure first of many. Well done.... our club shoots a 600 yard 20 shot match every Tuesday night and our club produces a lot of clean targets some times half targets turned in (we have just moved to e targets) the one thing I have noticed over the past couple years is that if you look at most clean targets almost all of them will have all the tens below the water line and that in most cases all clean targets have a few shots close to the line on the bottom side. Seem most people shooting clean targets start out in the x ring for most of the first ten shots then around shot 12 they start dropping, in most case, people might drop most of their x’s during say shots 12-18 all low. What I’m trying to say is how do we all as a group get to consistently shooting 20x it seem like it’s a lot more controlling elevation than it is calling wind.....of course, I’m talking in a dead calm day.....that you should have shot 20x. As the barrel heats up something happens I wish I could figure out how to accurately predict it. Hate hanging a shot high into the ten ring when all the previous shots were in the x ring.

Again: well done, your target held good waterline but what if you had another 1/8 up? take a look you might of had 3 or 4 more x’s

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    Jennb likes this.
  11. Jennb

Jennb

Congratulations!

12. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd Gold $$ Contributor

Just so you know...there is a mental force field that surrounds the 10-ring. It is what prevents us all from routinely shooting cleans. Now that you've learned how to break it, I'm sure there will be plenty more forthcoming.

Well done!

DennisH likes this.
  13. Falfan2017

Falfan2017 Gold $$ Contributor

9B788A38-D7AA-45E3-9B00-5545882270FB.jpeg
    Yeah. This thread is from a few months ago. More recently shot this one and tried exactly what you described. Had a string of 9 x in the first 10 shots. Then as they started to drop low came up an 8th. Guess I should have come up 1/4 but it did save a couple x on the line that would have dropped low. One or 2 of the 10s was a sighter so I think this one ended at 15x.
    I’ve been using that app sub moa to plot the holes and it says how far the group was from center which is interesting. Usually mine come in low and right but they are getting better.

DennisH likes this.