Finally Found 6br Lapua Brass

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by KMart, Jan 11, 2018.

1. KMart

KMart Gold $$ Contributor

Like so many here I have been checking vendors for 6br Lapua brass and everything is gone. But this morning, I finally hit pay dirt. I was going through my "stuff" looking some particular cases and came up on a brand new, unopened box of cases.
    Made me feel dumb and elated all at the same time. Old age is not what I expected.

They are not for sale.

2. CaptainMal

CaptainMal Silver $$ Contributor

Life is full of discovery.

3. people

people

I would just like it if I could find my Sten mag loader.

This is something that is interesting to me. A relative of mine has a FFL and has a rather large collection. He said he found 3 rifles.

The best thing I found in my collection was an ammo can of bullets I thought I shot up. I had dumped them into the can and said I will label them tomorrow. Nope just put them away.

4. 22DASHER

22DASHER Gold $$ Contributor

And here I opened this thread thinking that you found a dealer with them in stock.... so depressing to hear otherwise.

wildchild and P1ZombieKiller like this.
  5. BenPerfected

BenPerfected Gold $$ Contributor

Most everything is for sale.....

gtl1946, joshb and 22BRGUY like this.
  6. 22BRGUY

22BRGUY Silver $$ Contributor

Yes...the question was NOT "Are they for sale?" the question was "How much?".......................................LOL

joshb likes this.
  7. Medic505

Medic505 Dean Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

I was sitting in a Dr's office waiting room a couple years ago and a gentleman walked in wearing a black tee shirt with "GOLDEN YEARS MY ASS" in big gold letters on the front. I'm starting to understand that more and more.

hogpatrol, 22BRGUY and joshb like this.
  8. RetiredArmy

RetiredArmy Silver $$ Contributor

My mother used to refer to them as the "RUSTY" years!

9. jamesdmock

jamesdmock Gold $$ Contributor

It is the metallic age....silver in your hair, gold in your teeth, and lead in you a$$.

hogpatrol, Delfuego, Medic505 and 2 others like this.
  10. Shynloco

Shynloco You can lead a horse to water, but ........ Silver $$ Contributor

James,
    I believe the more appropriate name for us old farts (once you pass 65) is the "Age of Discovery." Every morning you wake up after that age, you DISCOVER some new ache or pain you never even thought about. If thats not enough, when you go see your doctor for your annual physical, he (or she) tells you that you've contracted some ailment that you'll have to take some damn pills for the rest of your life. SO aging is such a wonderful process that only guarantees you'll be spending more money on "out of the pocket" expenses and according to the TV commercials, you can choose which of 10,000 new drugs the pharmaceutical companies have discovered to keep you alive longer. What's funny there, is they spend the first 20 seconds of the commercial telling you the benefits of the drugs and the next 45 seconds telling how it's gonna kill ya. But then there is always Grecian 44 for what hair you have left on your head, plenty of dental implant commercials to improve an embarrassing smile and you can always sell the gold from your now gone teeth and invest more in Rosland Capital (you know the folks who try to get you to buy Gold from them on TV). Told you its the Age of Discovery.

Alex

11. JohnKielly

JohnKielly Australia, not Austria

I'm happy to discover I'm not spitting out dirt.....

Mulligan likes this.
  12. 22BRGUY

22BRGUY Silver $$ Contributor

Didn't this all start over a blue light special at Kmart for some brass????

Medic505 likes this.
  13. timeout

timeout Silver $$ Contributor

Going to hit 70 this year. Can't complain, but I do check the obits every morning to make sure I'm not listed!!

14. Medic505

Medic505 Dean Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

We must stay alert for these indicators

This is what all of us 60+ year-olds, and those yet-to-be have to look forward to!! This is something that happened at an assisted living center.

The people who lived there have small apartments but they all eat at a central cafeteria. One morning one of the residents didn't show up for breakfast so a friend went upstairs and knocked on his door to see if everything was OK. She could hear him through the door and he said that he was running late and would be down shortly so she went back to the dining area.

An hour later he still hadn't arrived so she went back up towards his room and she found him on the stairs. He was coming down the stairs but was having a hell of time. He had a death grip on the hand rail and seemed to have trouble getting his legs to work right. She told him she was going to call an ambulance but he told her no, he wasn't in any pain and just wanted to have his breakfast. So she helped him the rest of the way down the stairs and he had his breakfast

When he tried to return to his room he was completely unable to get up even the first step so they called an ambulance for him. A couple hours later she called the hospital to see how he was doing. The receptionist there said he was fine, he just had both of his legs in one leg of his boxer shorts.

I am sending this to my children so that they don't sell the house before they know all the facts.

foxguy, tmwinds, KMart and 3 others like this.
  15. timeout

Did it?? I can't remember! :D

Medic505 likes this.
  16. Baddog0302

Baddog0302 Gold $$ Contributor

C R S , the condition that allows you to "discover" a collect of magazines or "action" paper backs, read them and say "how interesting, or WOW, your S/O just shakes her head, muttering to her self," Damn fool, he read those 2 months ago":rolleyes:

17. MislMan

MislMan

Hey ....... 2 months is “ancient history”. LOL

18. KMart

KMart Gold $$ Contributor

The light came on ok, but nobody was home!

timeout likes this.
  19. urbanrifleman

urbanrifleman Silver $$ Contributor

And you can't take a single bit of that collection with you when you go... a very sobering thought. The Bible says that it is fine to use things in the world, but at the same time it says if you have two, give one away to someone who needs it...

20. timeout

John the Baptist from Luke ch. 3 v. 11 and lucky for me, I only have 1 unopened blue box of Lapua 6 BR brass. I do have several shirts though if anyone is in need.

Medic505, KMart and dedogs like this.