Farley / Neo vs. Seb Mini

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by OmegaRed, Jun 13, 2018.

1. OmegaRed

OmegaRed Silver $$ Contributor

Does anyone have experience with both? Looking to make the step up...don't really want the weight of a full blown rest for the local level shoots that I do, but also don't want to sacrfice anything. From the reviews on the mini I've read, seems like they are competition proved and as steady. I won't ever shoot a 75 lb gun to warrant some of the other concerns.

Thanks in advance.

2. Bob L.

Bob L. Gold $$ Contributor

I had a Farley and now use a NEO. The NEO is better without a doubt. My friend ordered a Mini and, while he was waiting for it, used my spare NEO. After receiving his Mini and using it, he said it was as steady as the NEO. I believe him. The Mini is extremely well made and robust as well as lighter. It's best feature is the folding legs, which make for a more compact package.
    I would go with the Mini.

thekriebles and OmegaRed like this.
  3. tn6br

tn6br Silver $$ Contributor

The new farleys with uplift springs and better bearings are much better than the older ones most are familiar with. I bought an older one at a very reasonable price and replaced internals with new from farley and the difference is night and day. Is it as slick as a seb neo? If it isnt its not far off. I also only have 800 invested in a nice solid rest and zero wait time. Ive shot off of a buddies neo and see no advantage over the farley I actually prefer the rough elevation and base design of farley over the neo.

4. JimPag

JimPag Silver $$ Contributor

There is one big advantage in owning a Seb over a Farley and that's customer service. Seb is head and shoulders better at resolving a problem or getting parts, and you can bank on it that you won't get lied to over that quack crew at Farley. You order parts from them and you might get your parts this century and if it doesn't show up you call and get the same BS as usual, we shipped it last week. As far as I'm concerned Timothy McVeigh blew up the wrong building in Oklahoma City.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  5. ballisticdaddy

ballisticdaddy

Lets put it this way, many shooters I have spoke with used to own a Farley and now own a SEB but have yet to find one that used to own a SEB and now have a Farley ;)

6. R.Morehouse

R.Morehouse Gold $$ Contributor

I have had both and have found they both were of very high quality. I now own only the Seb Max due to it's ability to adjust to different width stocks. I am on the list for the next shipment of the Seb Mini to use locally with a few 3" stocked ppc's and to have an extra rest when taking the Grand kids to the range for learning what Grandpa does for fun.........:cool:

Regards Rick

jghoghunter and tn6br like this.