F-Class classification

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by kybountyhunter, Mar 25, 2016.

1. kybountyhunter

kybountyhunter

Does the NRA have separate classification for Open and F/TR now?

Thanks

2. Berger.Fan222

Berger.Fan222

I don't think so. We had a family member get a new card recently and the only distinctions in F-Class classifications are Mid-Range (300-600 yards) and Long-Range (800-1000 yards).

3. Keith Glasscock

Keith Glasscock True believer - Straight 284 Gold $$ Contributor

That is correct - one classification regardless of whether you fire in TR or Open.

4. Immike

Immike Gold $$ Contributor

No, it should have been the same as sling when it started. Moving up in classification is pretty challenging for these guys but that's the battle they have already endured for awhile now. They tried to change it last year but the old guard threw a fit about it on this forum when it was proposed. So far it stays the same as open. All the same still. Jim crofts would be the best source of what is in the future for FTR. He stays involved.

Alexander-M likes this.
  5. kybountyhunter

kybountyhunter

Thanks for the info! That's what I thought it was. But IMO it should be separate classifications for Open and F-Tr.

6. Heman

Heman

Well the issue with it is if you separated F-Open and F-T/R then you'd have to separate out service rifle and palma rifle from sling. Then from a match stand point lets say you don't have enough to separate out F-T/R from F-Open or in sling you can't separate out palma or service. Well each has it's own performance standard. So do you group the HM F-T/R shooter with the HM F-Open shooter even though the F-T/R guy has a lower percentage for the class? Would make organizing a match a nightmare. These were the first things that came to mind when I saw the proposed rule book.

I can understand where you are coming from but the service rifle shooters and palma shooters that go High Master have to work harder than the Any rifle shooters, just like F-T/R does with F-Open. Definitely harder but more satisfying if you get there. When I shoot a HM score with a palma rifle it is definitely more satisfying than when I do it with an Any rifle.

Alexander-M, GSS and DBailey like this.
  7. Catfur

Catfur Silver $$ Contributor

I've got four classifications, and I've only ever shot F-Open at Mid and Long Range.

8. Heman

Heman

What are the other two classifications in besides MR and LR F-Class?

9. Longtrain

Longtrain

Either your scores were submitted incorrectly or the NRA miss keyed. That happened to me a number of years back, when I got a Master LR Prone card, having only shot F-T/R at LR at that point. Called the NRA and learned that all scores were submitted as LR Prone, no F Class entries. NRA corrected that mistake.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    Taildrag15X likes this.
  10. dougridgeore

dougridgeore

11. dougridgeore

dougridgeore

Actually the NRA has 4 different classifications for F class
    1) mid-range 300,500 600 yards
    2) long-range 800,900,1000 yards
    3) full-bore 300,500,600,900,1000 yard
    Pair fire and convertible sighters
    4) small-bore/rimfire. 50,100 yards

vanwhyjr likes this.
  12. dougridgeore

dougridgeore

In my opinion having shot all four classifications the small bore is definitely the hardest to score in the percentages to get your Highmaster card if you want something real challenging you should give it a try and btw you can piss away just as much money on a rimfire rifle as any open class custom rifle

YOHAUN7 and MGYSGT like this.
  13. kzin

kzin

According to the current NRA rulebook there is no Smallbore High Master.
    Sling or F-class.
    Tops out at Master.
    ???

rmist likes this.
  14. kzin

kzin

I've noticed that on e-targets there is an easy opportunity for the shooter to enter his own class incorrectly.

15. dougridgeore

dougridgeore

I’m sorry for any confusion but I never said anything about getting a Highmaster in small bore f class What I meant to say was it was very difficult shooting discipline given the size of the target I ended up with expert classification and thought to myself it would be impossible to ever score in the 98 percent range given the size of the target.

16. ED3

ED3 Gold $$ Contributor

If it was easy, everyone would be a HM, and it would be meaningless.

Warren Dean, TheSGM and Lbart like this.
  17. kzin

kzin

I'm thrilled to hear your opinion. I averaged 99% for my first two smallbore fc shoots and got my Master card. I was wondering if it was regarded as a really easy one. I know I got two really easy wind days. ;)

18. dougridgeore

dougridgeore

First off I’m not now or ever been a small bore rimfire shooter but thought I would give it a try.
    I shot the western wild cat match at Ben Avery in Phoenix I think it was in April or May.... what I figure out was...even at the short distance you had better be watching all the flags

19. 10xsllc

10xsllc Silver $$ Contributor

how do you get classified in Fclass

20. montef

montef Silver $$ Contributor

Shoot 120 rounds at approved or registered F-class matches (all midrange or all long range). After the scores are turned in you will get a classification card from the NRA for the appropriate distance. Does not matter if you shoot F-T/R or F-open classes, they are not separated as far as classification.
    HTH, Monte