f class at 200y?

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by Regnar, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Regnar

Regnar Silver $$ Contributor

Are there any rim fire fclass matches being held beyond 200 yards?

2. Mikey_P

Mikey_P sling shooter Gold $$ Contributor

If, by chance, you live in the southeast PA area, there is a 200 yd rimfire prone match held every second Tuesday of the month - April through Oct. F-class shooters are welcome. Be aware that you will have to pull and score targets in the pits as part of the match. PM me if you would like additional details. As far as rimfire matches beyond 200 yds, I do not know of any...

Mike

3. Regnar

Regnar Silver $$ Contributor

Even 200 is what Im looking for. wehave a 200 uard line at the club on the mid range. i would like to know which targets are all you all using? do you run it like a regular f class match? pit changes , lines ect?

4. Mikey_P

For targets - we slingshooters shoot the standard 200 yd NRA smallbore target which has a 2 MOA 10-ring. The F-class shooters shoot a 100 yd NRA smallbore target which, at 200 yds, would have 1 MOA 10-ring. So, it's basically the same as fullbore matches where the scoring rings for F-class are half the size of the standard midrange and longrange bulls.

The match that I have mentioned is very similar to a fullbore match in that you do have to pull targets. Only difference is that you also have to score the target. We do not have enough shooters to have a separate scorer back on the firing line. It all works out pretty well. Just happy to have such a match within 45 minutes of my house. Hope this helps.

Mike

Regnar likes this.
  5. kzin

kzin

Given that the official f-class targets are metric the logical choice for 200yd would be the international C2 200yd target.
    That would be just a shade easier than using the A25 100 yd sling target at 200.

Every time we talk about a 200yd rimfire match half of our potential shooters immediately get intimidated. Half of the rest balk at adding a 20 moa ramp to their rifle. It never gets far.

6. longbow

longbow Silver $$ Contributor

I have A Vudoo 22RF with Grayboe Stock.Will be installing a Silhouette stock also ,dual purpose gun! Will be cutting down a 10 round mag to a 5 round mag to be Silo legal. Can use for F class Matches like that in 22RF !! ,Precision Shooting Matches and Silhouette 22Rf Matches. What more does a guy need? My Leupold 6.5x20 with 1/2 " Dot. Center optics at 100 yds, you have plenty of elevation for 25 yd to 200 yd. I use a 20 moa rail with Burris Sig Rings to center Dot right at 100 yds.......Will do a post when I get the Silo stock......

Mikey_P likes this.
  7. Mikey_P

Yeah, sadly a lot of people think that the .22LR is only good for plinking at 25yds and shooting at 50yds (heaven forbid!) for them is really stretching things out.

Maybe if your club has some kind of 200yd "fun" match, it would get people's interest without creating undue pressure to compete. Just a thought....

And, just a side note as to what can be done with the .22LR at longer ranges - our 200yd match is a 400 agg. Nobody has ever cleaned it. Highest score over the years has been a 398-23X (set by an 80 year old shooter, no less!!!). So, thats 38/40 shots at 2 MOA or better at 200yds - with a sling.

Mike

8. lion

lion

I have cleaned it twice. 400-29x and 400-30x. BUT: this was with a one piece rest and custom benchrest rifle with a 36x scope. I can't imagine how much harder it would be using peeps and a sling. I admire the guys that shoot this way. Maybe if I was 27 instead of 77 I would give it a try. That 80 year old gentleman is in a lot better shape than I am.

Wayne

Mikey_P likes this.
  9. lion

lion

I just studied this thread a little more and now I'm really confused.
    Mikey_P: I have a question because I don't understand the A-21 target. The target seems to show a small 10 ring inside a larger 10 ring. No X ring. The inside ring appears to be 2 min diameter but the outer ring is over 4 min. How is this thing scored? We shoot the SR 42 C at 200 and it appears to be about the same size but with an X ring. Can you unconfuse me? Thanks, Wayne