F-class 4 Man LR Team Match... Aug 10 & 11 Camp Atterbury

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by kybountyhunter, May 31, 2019.

1. kybountyhunter

kybountyhunter

CIHPRS is hosting a F-class 4 man team match on Aug 10 & 11 at Camp Atterbury. We are shooting on Silver mountain targets, there will be room for 10 FTR & 10 Open to register. Teams can be 4 shooters and a coach or just 4 shooters with a shooter coaching. Only shooters need to register and pay at cihprs.org... If you are just a coach, then you do not need to register. Coaches, once you have your 4 shooters registered, email me with the names of all the team members and the team name at flrecovery1@fuse.net... Myself and Todd Sanders, thought to combine traditional string firing being coached and pair firing while being coached for the 1st day. Traditional string firing being coached for the 1st match and pair firing without the coach, but being able to discuss things with the other shooter but while still having 45 seconds to get off your shot. We thought this was great practice for coaches and individuals before the Nationals... and for Team USA getting ready for South Africa.

Thanks,
    Mike Plunkett
    &
    Todd Sanders

2. Cody Richardson

Cody Richardson Silver $$ Contributor

Looking forward to it!

3. kyreloader

kyreloader Gold $$ Contributor

Thanks Mike and Todd!

4. Immike

Immike Gold $$ Contributor

Definitely a match to watch, good ground work guys!

5. Rope2horns

Rope2horns Norm Harrold Silver $$ Contributor

Should be a fun match!!....Immike you need to round up a few of those grey beards you shoot with and join in the fun and games.;)

Hotrod6.5, kybountyhunter and Immike like this.
  6. Immike

A22E7890-714C-46EE-B0D4-87555277ACAA.jpeg
    I thought I was going to be out of town during this event but it may work out now. Hopefully it does...^^^ here’s a grey beard breaking in a new one today!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  7. 21shooter

21shooter Site $$ Sponsor

Man, That dude looks intimidating!
    That SPEEDY built hammer that is;)

8. Ringostar

Ringostar

But John, your sitting on the wrong side of the rifle!

Immike likes this.
  9. Immike

Actually big John is right handed and has to shoot lefty due to a eye injury. Pretty good at it when he gets rolling! Looking forward to a great match!

Rope2horns and kybountyhunter like this.
  10. Rope2horns

I know of another Fopen team in the works right now...hopefully this match fills up...should be fun!

kybountyhunter, 21shooter and Immike like this.
  11. Immike

It’s not going to bother me shooting electronics during August under a pop-up I guarantee you that! Team 21st Century is signed up and will field a team!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Rope2horns likes this.
  12. kybountyhunter

kybountyhunter

There is a FTR team coming from the great state of Arkansas! Can't wait to see them in the team shirt's they have chosen! It's going to be a epic match with these guys coming!

13. Immike

Hey Mike, could you give us a course of fire for both days and any other information we might need?

14. kybountyhunter

kybountyhunter

Mike,

First match on Sat is unlimited sighters, each shooter gets 20 shots for record while being coached. 2nd match 2 sighters and 20 shots for record pair firing while being coached.

1st match on Sun is unlimited sighters and 20 for record while being coached. 2nd match on Sun is 2 sighters and 20 for record pair firing, no coaching... But shooters paired together may talk and discuss the conditions with each other, but still take the shot in 45 seconds.

The base is going to be extremely busy with the NRA nationals going on at the same time.

Everyone must come with solid 1000 yd zero's. Ranges at Atterbury run parallel to each other, we have to know where everyone's rounds are impacting!

We will be shooting under canopies on the line also, weather permitting. You may also setup canopies behind the firing line's.

Thanks,
    Mike and Todd

Rope2horns likes this.
  15. Immike

Okay, sounds interesting. One question, on Sunday 2nd relay with the pair fire are we all paired with teammates?

Edit: 2nd question, is pair fire used in international team matches?

16. kybountyhunter

kybountyhunter

Yes, your paired with a teammate, still only have 45 seconds for each shot.

In most international shooting you are pair firing or sometimes there are 3 to a mound.

17. Rope2horns

This gonna be fun!!! I'm surprised it hasn't filled up yet....be a great warm up before Nationals.

18. Immike

Bump for Mike and Todd... come join us

19. Ringostar

Ringostar

I wish that I could afford to make the professional shooting tour around the country. Maybe some day a camper and travel match to match and sightseeing in between. I just completed my trip back home from Lodi this morning. Good luck to all who enter, im sure it will be fun.

20. Immike

My guys are really excited about this match, should be a great time! John Perkins and Phil Kolkman are working hard and so is Rod Brakhage, I’m coasting in for a good time. This agenda is going to be challenging! See you there, we got cabins on the base for a decent price. Hopefully there are some more available. This range is just south of Indianapolis with affordable motels in the area.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    Rope2horns and kybountyhunter like this.